MiPad no quotie....

What do you have against iPads boss? I could quote just fine before the scheduled maintenance on Saturday, and now when I (we) click 'quote'... Nothing happens. Nothing shows up in the text box.

Check out what Gemme taught me tho... BOLD HA!

Regular or mobile site? What browser? Still an issue?

What happens, nothing?

Regular, not the mobile site. We have in house WiFi. It's not a Verizon or AT&T connection.
When I click QUOTE, the little green 'snake' flashes at the top of the screen for a second, and then nothing happens.
No "quote" in the text box down below.
Very strange because it works just fine on our big Mac. Same Safari browser. I haven't found a way to "hard refresh" or the F 5 trick.
I've heard about others with the same issue with iPads, I wish they would speak up.
Maybe I'm just an idiot, well... You know.
Thanks boss.

Okay, the fix is in the next version. You'll have to wait, probably a few days.

I don't know if this helps, but I just figured out that when I use "Multiquote", that works.
When I hit Multiquote, then hit the little black box that says 'reply to 1 quote'. It works.
Hence my sig.

BOLD

Call tech support: 1-900-B0N3 JAYT

Hmm...even multiquote didn't work for me the other day, but I don't know if it ever did. I was trying to use it as a workaround. In the meantime, copy and paste still works, but does this site use BB code or HTML if I want to add quote tags manually until the fix?

And I'll confirm that the iPad uses the regular version, not the mobile version, which I appreciate. I've surfed on the mobile version from my iPhone, but wouldn't want that on the iPad that can handle normal forum viewing okay.

You catch all that boss?
Greek?
Italian?
It's not Japanese because there's words, not Lindsey Lohan tattoo script.

Mild Fire - you may use quote tags manually on this site. The thing to know about using HTML within a post is that you have to use square brackets instead of angle brackets. Also, I've found a few tags don't work within a post, but those are usually few and far between.

Mild Fire - you may use quote tags manually on this site. The thing to know about using HTML within a post is that you have to use square brackets instead of angle brackets. Also, I've found a few tags don't work within a post, but those are usually few and far between.
That was what I was asking. The square brackets are bb code, not HTML, so once I know that, I can manually enter tags. Anyway, as you can see from my quote above, I got the multiquote to work for single quotes, so I'm doing that instead of manually typing the code, which is a pain on the iPad keyboard since all the symbols are on different screens from the letters.

Back