• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

mipepperguy

First timer at this site. From michigan and have growen chilis the last two years. Serranos, habs, anaheims, jalapenos,and cayenne last year; fairly successful with it although yields were down compared to year before. Looking to start own plants from seeds this year (better varieties) and hopefully learn from everyone at this site. In particular, comparing notes on types and methods with anyone this in "cold" upper midwest area (I'm in 5B). Thank you!

Welcome from lower SW Minnesota. It always amazes me when parts of the country that should be the same zone or lower IMO are a higher zone than 4 covers. I can't imagine Michigan being 5. Strange how different areas are in isolated pockets which make them warmer.

Your best bet will be to grow your peppers in containers. 5 gallon is a good size. You will need to invest in a light setup, shop lights are ok but metal halides are better. You'll want to start your seeds soon as in Jan - feb timeframe or else your plants won't be big enough. Peppers are pretty easy to grow from seed, and it won't be long before you have more plants then room.

Welcome from Fort Worth

do they play football up north? ;)

Not very well! Since they bounced half the damn team following a big frat fight, we will probably get killed in the Alamo bowl or wherever the hell they're playing. The rest is not even worth discussing. It's basketball season now.

:lol: they are always a tough team to play...

I remember one game many years ago when Auburn beat them 9-7 in the sugar bowl and was leapfrogged for number 1 by Miami with their win over Nebraska...

always good games...

Fond remembrances of the distant past! However, I believe it was the creeps in yellow and blue (U. of M.) down the road that you beat. Hopefully, not straying to far off topic here.

Back