• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Miracle fruit:berry. Anyone else growing them

Any have this plant?! Here's mine.

Thanks HD in FL. Thanks josh for getting them here
7A03FFAF-7B90-4759-BA22-A62F68329CF8-3422-0000019B5A4664EB.jpg

I am trying. None of mine have popped yet. Have you grown yours from seed ? If so how long did it take to get them to that size ?

I shipped him some from a local store here, i ahve one also with no berry's, they grow very slow from what I have read. I bought a plant last nov, and it was suppose to be 2 years old as of last nov, but still no berries on mine. I am hoping on day i will get some.

mega ... this is my seedling from july 30... put it in spag moss and perilite... 10 days later it sprouted in UNDRAINED container.. lol.. but it survived and managed... about to put it in azelea soil mix... loves low pH
4357FF02-98B2-4161-A649-E50FAEB13B89-7382-0000021F7D4AD661.jpg

I have some miracle fruit plants, but I'm having some trouble with them. They seem to be producing new growth, but I'm seeing pale leaves, purple leaves, and dried out leaves. I keep the plants well-watered and mist them, occasionally fertilizing with a weak solution of miracle grow for acid loving plants. Does anyone have tips and suggestions for these guys?

Ive got one. Bought it in a 10" pot from a local nursery. This is my third try with the miracle fruit. Ive had the same issues with the yellow and browning of the leaves. Denniz, what are you fertilizing, with?

If anyone needs to know anything about miracle fruit I'm an expert on them. I have my own ultimate grow guide at thefruitofmiracles.blogspot.com. Spread the word about my site. I even have young seedlings for sale.
Tomorrow ill post pictures of my 5'5" miracle fruit tree.

Thank you stupidjerk, Sevin advertises on the bottle that their pesticides kill spider mites but you can't argue with a study. I'll change that and ill do some more research on spider mite pesticides.

King hold onto that plant it will make a full recovery in no time. Miracle fruit is supposed to be slow growing but when they reach about 3 years of age they start to pick up rather quickly.

What's the diagnosis for leaves becoming very pale yellow?

I repotted mine from Pro-Mix to a 50/50 peat and perlite mix to get the acidity up. The plant seemed to do respond well at first, but then began to yellow all over. I'm thinking it needs the acidity increased more with some sulfur.

orangehero said:
What's the diagnosis for leaves becoming very pale yellow?

I repotted mine from Pro-Mix to a 50/50 peat and perlite mix to get the acidity up. The plant seemed to do respond well at first, but then began to yellow all over. I'm thinking it needs the acidity increased more with some sulfur.
Do you see any salts precipitating out of solution beneath the container? Would be best to check the pH first before adding Sulfur.

Dug up one example of a nutrient uptake versus pH chart:

How pH Affects Plant Nutrient Uptake & Availability (organicagardensupply.com)

Back