• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

fertilizer Miracle Gro Bloom Booster Fertilizer

Yes it will very well work. Are you growing in containers? If so use basic potting soil with miracle gro and feed 1/4 of what is says to feed but feed every time you water. I have been a fan of miracle gro and can stand by it but I just switched to organic, but not 100%, for plants that I eat. Just a personal preference.

I have grown very big harvests with miracle gro it is more about the manner in which the grower takes to ensure the best care of their crop.

You may also want to use Bonemeal, as peppers tend to want more calcium and phosphorus then your average plant

I am pretty new at this stuff, but I am learning a lot on here. My peppers will mostly be in the ground. I may try a few in pots if I run out of garden space. From the little research I have done on here most growers recommend a very diluted use of any fertilizer. How often should I use it and when should I stop using it? Where I live, the garden season can be over in mid-late September because of frost. I live in a valley that gets colder than the surrounding area. For example on January 22nd, it was minus 18 degrees at my house. I drove out of my valley up on to the ridge top and the temperature was zero degrees.

You should put the varieties that take longer to ripen in pots and be prepared to bring them in the house/garage at the first sign of frost. I know this from experience, I have an even shorter growing season than you believe it or not.

As for the fertilizer, use it at 1/4 strength every other week or so.Learn to recognize nutrient deficiencies and adjust your fertilizing accordingly. MG is mediocre at best, I'd go towards the MG tomato if you have to use MG products, since it has added calcium.

Miracle grow is like candy for the plants, they will like it for a treat but not for overall nutrition. I personally prefer to organically feed the soil/microbes rather than feeding the plants directly with chemical nutes. Too much chemical fertilizers will ruin your soil over time rather than improve it

I think miracle grow has ruined its reputation with bad potting soil. I am happy with the fertilizer and hate the soil. When my seedlings are still inside I give them a weak mix of miracle grow bloom. I mix it with my hydro nutes to stabilize PH. For my indoor plants it is the only food they get. Though I might switch to feeder packs. I have been impressed with how well they worked outside.
Really with fertilizers the only critical mistake you will probably make is to over do it.

I recommed you use it in a dilluted amount one every other week, you shouldnt have to use more or less then this! But some varieties are different so you may have to feed them accordingly!

im like most on here and prefer organic ferts all my peppers are about to bust and full of pods they are in raised beds and a few pots, only have a problem with my yellow 7 pods out of six plants i only have one nice pod they are bloom droping so to save em cuz of the season end aproaching im puting in MG bloom fert 15-30-15 they bloom droped and most have stoped blooming i did a full strength treatment that will be followed by 3 1/2 strength treatments then jobes organic 2-7-4 i think my nutes got depleaded cuz i watered em a lot in july and i did not over water i used jobes 2-5-3 about once a moth with an ocasional watering with alaska fish emulsion, they are in shade most of the day and have same soil as my other poted plants im not new to peppers but could learn more, in the MG i think N is higher then what i would like but if my suspicion of nute depletion is correct then i shoulbe be able to get a few more pods before mid october if yall have some imput chime in,

That fertilizer will be fine. While it should be mentioned that it is not complete having only 3 nutrients, since your plants are in the ground they might get enough of the others from the soil.

There seems to be a bias against synthetically purified fertilizer on this forum. While I also use organic matter whenever reasonable or convenient to do so, I see no real need to *try* to use more organic and less synthetic. That's a subjective statement since I gradually found more sources of organic matter to compost, I don't mean to imply otherwise but if your soil hasn't been used for crops (much) it will probably be nutrient dense enough that little additional fertilizer is needed. My soil is fine after years of reuse, being amended with more organic matter for each season. Synthetic fertilizer has caused no problems, you just have to remember that's not all the plant needs.

The only way to know for sure is to have the soil analyzed. Otherwise you are watching for deficiency symptoms and playing odds based on the directions on the fertilizer package, which can work fine for most people but... having more data is a good thing.

Fertilize as often as you're willing to. Ideally you would fertilize very lightly with every watering but that can get to be a hassle. The idea is to give them small doses regularly, and as the plant gets larger and depletes the soil more further into the season, the more fertilizer it can use. When you should stop using it is when the season is over.

Back