• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Mis-placed a Yellow 7 Brain... WTH is this ?!?!?!

Hey all,

I now have peppers through out the house after having to turn off the 1000w due to financial concerns... Well I kept a 400wMH going to give some seedlings a home and pod out a couple plants to keep me going through the winter. I thought I kept a Jonah and a Yellow Brain Strain.... I think I may have mixed up my plants during the re-arrange / cramming plants in front of windows. I have no idea what this is... maybe a douglah ? Maybe a Jonah that isn't starting light green like I am used to.

Plant: (Looks yellow because i burnt the shit out of it, just being honest :) ).

xanqwx.jpg

Pod:

206d5yq.jpg

2wmq537.jpg

Flower:

35bdpua.jpg

- Mega

Another (Thought this was the Jonah):

Plant:

2zh2r6h.jpg

Pod:(not all twiste up like the grew outdoors this summer):

2ajp8ye.jpg

Thanks Sudostahp ! These first few pods since I had to cut it back to twigs are looking good. I hope there are many more to come over the next five months. This "maybe" Jonah next to it in the tent seems to being putting out new ones by the day !

- Mega

looks similar to my yellow 7's but more elongated then my typical pods. So is it out of a Yellow Brain and a Jonah, or a Jonah and a yellow 7 pot/pod, or a jonah and yellow 7pot/pod x with a brain strain??? Sorry if we could narrow down exactly what it may be it will be easier to perhaps identify it?

Its (the plants) growth habit is very similar to 7 pot/pods I have seen as well

Hey Mega, those are some awesome looking plants and pods. What methods are you using to pollinate the flowers. I've not had any success at all getting pods to set.

Hey tripp,

I wish i could narrow it down. Could be one of many varieties of C. Chin that I decided to overwinter... I should probably start labeling things lol. I grew out the standard lot: Bhuts, Nagas, Butch Ts, 7 pot doughlahs red/yellow brain strains jonahs, chocohabs, bonnets, and others.... so its kinda up in the air...

I was pretty sure that the yellow 7 bs was it because it had a nice fat stalk on it but now I am not sure.... in the second pod pic you see a small one that may be trying to form the lower part of the brain.... or maybe its a scorp ?

- Mega

Hey Mega, those are some awesome looking plants and pods. What methods are you using to pollinate the flowers. I've not had any success at all getting pods to set.
I find the best tool is an electric toothbrush. Just hit the branch next to the flower for 2-3 seconds after the flowers open up and then repeat the next day. You will end up with almost 100% pollination this way unless there is an environmental variable preventing pollination.

Look for a post Ajijoe made on reasons for flower drop/pods not setting. A toothbrush isn't needed for peppers, though there's no harm in using one. All you really have to do is bump the pots or plants from time to time, assuming all other conditions are acceptable to the plant. Running a fan from time to time both helps with pollination and helps keep fungus at bay, but again, just bumping them is fine.

Oh yeah - not a douglah.

Hey all. So the first plant seems to be the Yellow Brain Strain I thought it was; but these pods are like nothing I have seen it produce so far.

I still am lost on the second. Here is my list from last year. [background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Scotch Bonnet(x4)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]TSBT(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Bhut Jolokia(x5)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Fushimi[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Yatzy(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Tabasco[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Pepperinchini(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Giant Jalapeno[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Early Jalapeno(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Charleston Hot[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Solo Cups:[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]7 Pot Jonah(x3)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Naga Morich(x3)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]7 Pot Brain Strain(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Chocolate Habenero(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Doughlah(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]7 pot yellow(x2)[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Chocolate Scorpion[/background]

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Any ideas ?[/background]

The first one looks like a douglah. The second one looks like a chocolate habanero. It's very hard to tell the first time they set fruit. Sometimes they come out looking funky.

Back