• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MisterNo's glog - harvest time :)

I was looking all of this beautiful glogs here, and decided it would be nice to share some info about my log also
icon_smile.gif

Thanks to good people from THP (Ela, SuperHot, Dshlogg) and some shops and ebay sellers), I've managed to collect a nice amount and variaty of hot pepper seeds.

1. Serrano
2. Purrira
3. Numex B. Piquin
4. Georgia Flame
5. Jalapeno M
6. Jalapeno Purple
7. Habanero Mustard
8. Scotch Bonnet Red
9. Habanero Red
10. Habanero Chocolate
11. Habanero Jamaican Hot Ch.
12. Habanero Red Savina
13. Habanero Mustard
14. Aji Habanero
15. Giant Wht Habaneros
16. West Indies Red
17. Black Stinger
18. Bhut Jolokia Chocolate
19. Bhut Jolokia Red
20. Fatalii Yellow
21. Fatalii Red
21. TS Butch
22. 7 Pot Brain Strain
23. Aji Cubanelle

Now, about my setup...
Since I have two jobs nowdays (lack of time) and I currently have a lack of space in my house, I've decided to improvize and try to keep thinga as simple as it gets, and with low budget costs.

For germination I used jiffy coco pellets soaked in chamomile tea. They are in the plastic box on my wifi router with a nice amount of heat and moisture. Temp inside is 26 ºC (78.8 ºF).
First to emerge from the pellets where west indies red, bhut jolokia red and aji habanero, on the sixt day.

Germination went great - I'm only waiting for giant white habs and red savina to come out, all of the others are already transfered to plastic cups, and put under the 32w (150w) Phillips Tornado bulbs (cool white, 6500k).

Weather in Zagreb is getting better, snow is melting, sun is coming out, so I put my plants on the table to soak up the sun in the midllde of the day, and in the afternoon I put them back in the setup box under the bulb. The box is covered all around with aluminium foil to reflect the light.

So far so good
icon_smile.gif

The first two peppers that came out (west indies and bhut jolokia), are also the fastest growers - they are 20 days old and hacve formed 3 pairs of true liefs. The other are mostly growing fine as well.

When they get bigger and the weather stabilizes, I will put them in bigger pots and transfer them to my parents farm, where they will enjoy plenty of sun and fresh air
icon_smile.gif

I've taken a lot of pics of my setups, I will upload them for you to see. This is what I have for now:
Germination set up:
2upzupd.jpg

Pellets:
11v18h4.jpg

Bhut jolokia chocolate, on seventh day from starting:
201udc.jpg

West Indies Red:
1zyu1ps.jpg

Reactions: Ela
Ocotober, probably the last month of this years outdoor season.
Humidity is high, currently 84% but over 70% most of the time last few weeks, Night temps are beetwen 15 and 18 Celsius, and day Temp max is beetwen 20 and 27 C. Good conditions for pepper growth. peppers are flowering like mad but they are ripening much slower then month a go. Days are getting significantly shorter, and peppers are getting less sun and wormth, so they need more time to rippen.

Not sure why, but pods are falling off from my Poblano plant. I have only two pods growing nicely ATM, with two new forming and five already fell off.. Not sure why, other plants on that location are doing fine.

Not sure why, but pods are falling off from my Poblano plant. I have only two pods growing nicely ATM, with two new forming and five already fell off.. Not sure why, other plants on that location are doing fine.
Hi Robert
Sorry to hear about your Poblano dropping pods. I lost a few that way, but my problem was that I had so many pods on the plants that one fell over and snapped the stem flush with the ground and the other lost a big branch the same way. I didn't start losing individual pods until a couple of weeks ago when the weather here started turning cooler, so that may be the problem for you. I also noticed that when they dropped, it was the smaller, more recent pods, and they were showing signs of Blossom End Rot (Magnesium deficiency) at the end of the season. Peppers are heavy Magnesium feeders, and they had exhausted the amendments I spaded in in the spring. Maybe it's dropping some to concentrate energy and nutes on ripening the rest? For sure you'll have to start the seeds much sooner next year. I started mine in late February or early March.

Thanks for stopping by Rick. I guess it must be an early start with those guys (I start most of my plants in January).

When I got seeds from you, I wanted to just give them a try, so I will be satisfied even with only one pod :)

That is a sign of a season coming to an end, I guess it's two or three more weeks and then I will be handling leftovers, waiting for the frost.

Back