• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

MOA red or yellow?

Just wandering if anyone has grown both and can tell me which they preferred flavour wise? I only have space for one and want the tastiest!

I'm, gowing the yellows this year, my seedlings are about 3-4 inches right now. I planted 2 in the ground and the slugs got both of them. It really pissed me off so now I go out every night with a flashlight for about an hour and kill every slug and snail I find.

I grew both last year liked both but my preference was for the red but the yellow was more productive .
I like red peppers before yellow though.
I am growing 8 red moa sb this year midwestchileheads strain

Spicy Mushroom said:
I thought MOA = a yellow scotch bonnet variety. Oops.

My ignorance. I learn every day.
Your right but then a red pod appeared on a yellow plant I believe ..... seed harvested and grown out. Mine came from Greg PIC1 a few seasons ago which I grew out last season ... good heat and flavour but I never got that true MoA shape all were slightly elongated (although I can't compete with your heat and humidity)

This season Jason Plantguy has sent me some seed and looking at the photographs from the vendor they have the right shape we will wait and see

I had yellow last year and they were very nice flavor...have not had any reds in a few years.

Trident chilli said:
Your right but then a red pod appeared on a yellow plant I believe ..... seed harvested and grown out. Mine came from Greg PIC1 a few seasons ago which I grew out last season ... good heat and flavour but I never got that true MoA shape all were slightly elongated (although I can't compete with your heat and humidity)

This season Jason Plantguy has sent me some seed and looking at the photographs from the vendor they have the right shape we will wait and see
My red moa plants John may need to be sized up soon.
I just have not decided what the next size lot should be .
Maybe I can ride it out till plant out there not to the root bound point yet .
Mystery bonnet at lest I think it's a bonnet is doing well nice an stocky

Back