auction MOA Scotch Bonnet Auction - 1 SFRB - ENDED

Up for auction are some MOA scotch bonnet. They are still on my plant and will be picked fresh tomorrow morning.

Seeds for MOA came from STEVE

There are a 2 or so MOA pods that have that nice 4 lobe action.

I will fill the SFRB with all my ripe MOA pods on my plant.

Rules
  1. US Only
  2. Paypal Only
  3. Bidding starts at $15, increments of $1 dollar, shipping is included in the bid!
  4. Auction ends tomorrow July 23rd, 2013 at 8am CENTRAL time. I'll go to the post office before work or during lunch tomorrow and ship them out to you. 
  5. No buy-outs or early ending offers
  6. When i declare the winner at 8am CST, you must PM your address by 10am CST so i can go to the post office that morning or during my lunch time, else i'll have to ship it 7/24/2013 (wednesday).
MOA pods ripe for pikin'
null_zpsb6098f8e.jpg

Nice 4 lobe action
null_zpsf15b99e3.jpg

WHU? You haven't heard of MOA :) Its one of the "cool" peppers here on the forum. It stands for Ministry of Agriculture. I got the seeds from STEVE954 who got it direct from the ministry of agriculture in jamaica.

More info can be found here:

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/37675-moa-jamaican-scotch-bonnets/

and for taste/heat, its like a habanero heat level, walkgood has a nice detailed review of it

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36338-walkgood-2013-grow-white-ghost-is-da-bomb-o/?p=840759

On last question before I bid... would there be an issue with doing a SASE offer on the MOA seeds? Generally if I buy pods from forum members I hold a SASE offer and give away as much seed as I can. I don't want to offend anyone, I realize that a member here went out of his way to provide it to some, and since I was not in that group, I guess the new standard is to ask permission before sharing anything that wasn't directly shared with you.

theghostpepperstore said:
On last question before I bid... would there be an issue with doing a SASE offer on the MOA seeds? Generally if I buy pods from forum members I hold a SASE offer and give away as much seed as I can. I don't want to offend anyone, I realize that a member here went out of his way to provide it to some, and since I was not in that group, I guess the new standard is to ask permission before sharing anything that wasn't directly shared with you.

The pods are open pollinated and thus could be true or not next generation. STEVE954 graciously gave me 3 seeds and i grew those out. I have 2 plants out of them.

STEVE954 is currently giving away seed of "A" grade pods he is growing (those that have the true 4 lobe shape). I think it would be nice to do the same so that successive pods stay true to form and not degrade in shape/quality through time. These are OP so if these stay true for the next person, great, if not i hope they don't say they are "MOA" pods still :)

PepperJam said:

The pods are open pollinated and thus could be true or not next generation. STEVE954 graciously gave me 3 seeds and i grew those out. I have 2 plants out of them.

STEVE954 is currently giving away seed of "A" grade pods he is growing (those that have the true 4 lobe shape). I think it would be nice to do the same so that successive pods stay true to form and not degrade in shape/quality through time. These are OP so if these stay true for the next person, great, if not i hope they don't say they are "MOA" pods still :)

I would agree, I always label OP seed as OP when I give it out, unfortunately, I don't think anything could be done about those who receive the seed being responsible with the name. So that would always be an issue. Not to mention people mislabeling and misidentifying pods. It would probably be best to define what the "true" pods look like so that if whomever wins wants to share them, they can know which pods would be best to harvest seed from.

That being said, I will open the bidding at $15. Even if I don't get the opportunity to share the seeds, I am sure I will enjoy eating them.

theghostpepperstore said:

I would agree, I always label OP seed as OP when I give it out, unfortunately, I don't think anything could be done about those who receive the seed being responsible with the name. So that would always be an issue. Not to mention people mislabeling and misidentifying pods. It would probably be best to define what the "true" pods look like so that if whomever wins wants to share them, they can know which pods would be best to harvest seed from.

That being said, I will open the bidding at $15. Even if I don't get the opportunity to share the seeds, I am sure I will enjoy eating them.

I can label the "A" grade ones, sure. I'm just guessing. My "A"'s maybe STEVE's "B"'s. Its all subjective i guess. 

Thanks for bidding. Yea they taste great, i made a mango-pineapple hot sauce with them and its great! :)

PepperJam said:

I can label the "A" grade ones, sure. I'm just guessing. My "A"'s maybe STEVE's "B"'s. Its all subjective i guess. 

Thanks for bidding. Yea they taste great, i made a mango-pineapple hot sauce with them and its great! :)
Yes, it would be subjective. Maybe we can get Steve to chime in, like I said, I want to share, but I need to be respectful of the original source as well.

Thank you for the opportunity.

Shipment sent with tracking number. Thanks for bidding! Enjoy the peppers!

Will have more auctions as pods ripen. Maybe in a month or so.

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
deng missed out on these.. all my plants are pretty much goners!!

Next time i'll have an auction that lasts a couple of days instead of less than 24 hours, will give others a chance to get these.

Thanks!

Great box of peppers! I highly recommend these bonnets next time they come up for auction. They better get more than one bid next time! Honestly the best tasting bonnet I have ever had. Thanks PepperJam, you are a class act!

Back