• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds MOA Scotch Bonnet seeds

Hi Everyone,
I'm a first year grower living in Las Vegas. I've been reading up on this site about people's favorite peppers and one that seems to pop up quite frequently is the MoA Scotch Bonnet. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anywhere (reputable) that has these seeds in stock. If anyone knows of a good place that can be trusted to provide quality seeds I would love to hear about it. I would really like to try this pepper next season and see what all the hype is about. Any additional suggestions on peppers to try are always welcomed as well! Thank you!

:welcome:

There is a nice selection of Bonnets at White Hot peppers, including the MoA: https://www.whitehotpeppers.com/search?q=scotch+bonnet

Also, Juanitos will have seeds for it on Nov 1, sourced directly from CARDI (Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute): http://juanitospeppers.com/products/seeds

If you want to try some peppers before growing them, Wicked Mike has an ad up for boxes of fresh pods, with Bonnets available : http://thehotpepper.com/classifieds/item/588-sfrbs-fresh-pods/

sm4rt4lex said:
Any additional suggestions on peppers to try are always welcomed as well!

It really depends on what you like. A few varieties that I really like are (mildest to hottest): Bolsa de Dulce, Paper Lantern Habanero. Bahamian Goat, and Yellow Brainstrain. Pretty sure White Hot Peppers has seeds for all of those as well.

Thanks everyone! I will definitely check those websites out. I just messaged WickedMike about getting one of his amazing looking boxes as well. Excited to start getting supplies for next season and seeing how these peppers grow here in Vegas.

Hello everybody, I would like to ask a question.
I received my MOA scotch bonnet seeds a few days ago. While seeding them today, I realized they all are a bit opened, is that normal? Thank you!

Hey Ants In My Eyes Johnson,

Maybe you should post a picture of them. I don't really understand how they would be opened, unless they were germinated. But that wouldn't be the case if you just got them and haven't soaked them or anything.

Habanebro said:
Hello everybody, I would like to ask a question.
I received my MOA scotch bonnet seeds a few days ago. While seeding them today, I realized they all are a bit opened, is that normal? Thank you!
Jubnat said:
I don't really understand how they would be opened, unless they were germinated. But that wouldn't be the case if you just got them and haven't soaked them or anything.
+1 to already germinated, or at least partially?

Sometimes the aperture that the root first comes out of looks like it is open. If they haven't sprouted yet they will be fine. Yes a picture would be good for sure. Were they wet or damp?

I bought seeds from Juanitos last year and highly recommend him.  They had a high germination rate, still great germination rate this year also.  He is super easy to work with and sends quality products.  He also sent me some seeds for reapers that were just a bonus, which I gave to a friend to grow (too hot for me).  I think every year he also grows a lot of plants to sell, which is pretty cool if you don't want to start the seeds and such and baby them for a while.

Back