• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Modify your Aerogarden bulbs! Save some mula!

Yes sirs and mams modify your bulbs! Don't pay for cheapo and weak AG lights again! Ever!

Ok, I was bored and had nothing else to do well at least for an hour or so.

I bought a AG bulb at a yard sale and was told it's brand new well I bought it. I plugged it in my AG and it was as bright as it can be. I WAS happy... well the bulb burned out in about a week and a half... so first I bought the adapters that work really well BUT I would have to buy more adapters. More adapters = more mula ($).

So decided to check out the anatomy of this so special AG bulb and once I took it apart a wild idea appeared :D.

Cleaned out the guts of the bulb and aded a plastic socket from Lowes ($3.00) connected the wires to the pins on the AG bulb and assembled all that jazz with minor modifications to acomodate the socket and wala! It's done!! :fireball:

Don't tell AG tho, they will hunt me down for defrauding their product.

Here's the final result and when I do my second bulb I'll take lots of pics and post detail by detail on how it's done. Not easy for the novice. I'm just a jury rigging freak LOL.

The bulb is still on and fine as I type this. Write-up coming soon so stay tuned :D.

-Walt

Now that is a MacGyver fix...Great job. I hate when manufactures make proprietary fittings/connections then make a cheap thing (light).

Now you will save money for sure.

McGuiver approves.

Now that is a MacGyver fix...Great job. I hate when manufactures make proprietary fittings/connections then make a cheap thing (light).

Now you will save money for sure.

McGuiver approves.

Thank you good sir. I have an Aerogarden that's "broken" so that one is gonna get some makeover.

I seen someone upgrade the pump, and add a 3rd light so those will be next and who know what else LOL.

The thing is exactly what you say. Gotta hate the Aerogarden president for making Aerogarden specific parts and sell them expensive. Oh well I just out done the " Genius" LOL.

Sometime this week I'll do the second light and post it up those who are interested in such mod.

-Walt

Back