Mod'n n Midnight Smok'n

Total mod cost is near $40.00. Not too good considering my mod is sketchy. Seems like it'll work well, though.

Purchased a 25'x14" roll of aluminum. Only thing that sux is that is has no backbone of it's own. I'm lucky the grill fits in it snug as hell, so that gives it a bit of rigidity. Some hex cap bolts, lock washers and nuts. Drill holes place bolts and go. Took me maybe 30 mins.

One of the biggest negatives is that I have to remove the entire setup in order to add coal/wood.

Pork shoulder, pork ribs and some drum sticks just to fill the space.

3754638674_8912fd5819.jpg

3754637966_2bcdc73f62.jpg

3754638190_5912af66d8.jpg

3754638454_9c55d8e5e8.jpg

Make sure it's not galvanized or poisonous gases will be released!
Looks nice though.

I like the use of bricks in there. I may have to do that next time with my Brinkman. I have a lot of room in there and could fit a few bricks easily to help hold the heat.

@THP how would one be able to tell if it's galvanized? I don't think they galvanize aluminum do they? It's already anticorrosive I believe.

@JayT yep, the bricks really help even out the heat and help slow the coals down.

Thanks pappywith4 and LGHT

Diablo said:
@THP how would one be able to tell if it's galvanized? I don't think they galvanize aluminum do they? It's already anticorrosive I believe.

@JayT yep, the bricks really help even out the heat and help slow the coals down.

Thanks pappywith4 and LGHT

yours is aluminum...its good to go... great looking mods ...good job my friend

@BamsBBQ Thanks man, getting a thumbs up from the BBQ man means a lot.

@JayT forgot to mention, I meant to earlier but my baby went crazy on me during the post, I got put on to the bricks tricks by BamsBBQ....

Back