• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Mold?

I got this white stuff on the tops and just discovered it a little on the sides of my jiffy pellets. Its pure white and grows decently fast. Even though i've let them dry out it eventually comes back. I think its messing up my leaves because some of them are coming out deformed and weird.

Can i just spray soapy water on them to kill it or something? Please help :(

Have you fertilized those pellets with anything? Sometimes salts from ferts (or deposits from your tap water) will build up on the outside/top of them when they dry out somewhat. That would look white like you describe, but is not mold or anything living...

If it is mold I think you can use hydrogen peroxide, but wait for somebody who knows better to get a concentration and method of administering.

Probably mold. Scrape off what you can then add a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to a quart of water and give it a spray. Should take care of it. You need some air movement to keep it from forming again. Got a small fan?

Smallest of desk type fan made a diff for me. Before that I'd just take my finger and stir the surface gently. Out of sight out of mind. All good since!

If you have a fan on it and that makes it come back faster it may not be mold. Time to hit the google button.

Back