Monday Funday giveaway!

Since Mondays generally are the suck, I thought I'd do a giveaway contest.

Today I had a break from my county fair, which of course meant sauce pick-up, employee restocking and deliveries around the greater San Francisco Bay Area.

I went across 3 separate toll bridges today, and only paid a single bridge toll.

The 1st person (by time-stamp) who can accurately tell me
1. Which 3 bridges I went over
And
2. Which one I paid the toll on
And
3. What direction I was headed across each of them (north, south, east, west)

wins a 4-pack of Lucky Dog Hot Sauce of their choice from any of the sauces listed at www.luckydoghotsauce.com :woohoo:

Go!
:dance:
Hint: I travelled more than 200 miles today and drove through 5 counties.

It's going to take some luck since I'm not saying what order I made deliveries in, but I will say that I did not go across any bridge twice, and I travelled in a loop.
Last hint:

I started in Hayward, CA

(That narrows down your possibilities, based on the other hints)

Surely we have some puzzle solvers here at THP?

This contest will go until someone gets it right.

eastbound on Antioch Bridge, Benicia-Martinez Bridge, and Carquinez Bridge 5 $
San Mateo Hayward Oakland bay,golden gate, north 5$
Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
It's going to take some luck since I'm not saying what order I made deliveries in, but I will say that I did not go across any bridge twice, and I travelled in a loop. Last hint:
I started in Hayward, CA
(That narrows down your possibilities, based on the other hints)
Surely we have some puzzle solvers here at THP?
This contest will go until someone gets it right.
Am I close?
San Mateo Hayward,dumberton,Oakland bay, s then n

Yellowfin2na said:
Never understood why they charge tolls for bridges. Like I get it builds roads etc but wtf are taxes for?

1. Because they can
2. Our taxes would be much higher.  

From looking at the tolls out in SF area, they are a bargain.  I maybe off by a buck or two, but the bridges in NY/NJ are in the $12-$15 range.  

tctenten said:
Here goes..

Dumbarton (west)  paid toll
Golden Gate (north) free
Richmond -San Raphael (east)  free

Nice Trivia.

WINNER!!!!!!
tctenten - please PM me with your address and choice of 4 sauces. They will go out tomorrow. 

Nice job! I thought it would take more guesses. San Mateo Bridge was the trap since it ends in Haward, but indeed, I go down to the Dunbarton to miss traffic, then north through SF, across the golden gate & back over Richmond/San Rafael bridge. 
oldsalty said:
eastbound on Antioch Bridge, Benicia-Martinez Bridge, and Carquinez Bridge 5 $
San Mateo Hayward Oakland bay,golden gate, north 5$
Am I close?
San Mateo Hayward,dumberton,Oakland bay, s then n

You were kinda close, but did not do the Bay Bridge or San Mateo. :(

You're very welcome. 

And yeah - good guess on Dunbarton - I thought that 5-county hint would help, but I still coulda gone San Mateo, then south, then back north through SF.  San Mateo Bridge was the trap. 

admiral-ackbar.jpg

jsschrstrcks said:
You paid 7$ on Golden Gate (6 if you're fas track   )

Btw - everyone is FastTrak now. There are no manned toll booths on the GGB. 

If you don't have FastTrak they mail you a bill for the bridge toll. 

Much mo betta for traffic. ;)

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

Btw - everyone is FastTrak now. There are no manned toll booths on the GGB. 

If you don't have FastTrak they mail you a bill for the bridge toll. 

Much mo betta for traffic. ;)
I had pur San-Rafael in at first, and changed it right before posting. Everything was a guess though, or based on a quick google search. I've never been further west than St. Louis :P

jsschrstrcks said:
I had pur San-Rafael in at first, and changed it right before posting. Everything was a guess though, or based on a quick google search. I've never been further west than St. Louis :P
Even with my hints it was going to take some luck.

There are 4 possible bridges I could have taken for my 1st leg on the toll route, and 5 total bridges possible for the loop. I never said I went to Marin, so GGB was expected to create a bit of a challenge.
I was pretty surprised to see someone nail it within just a couple of entries.

I could have taken the Bay Bridge, GGB, Dunbarton Bridge, San Mateo Bridge and Richmond Bridge - and it was only 3 of them.

And the "5 counties" hint, while helpful, didn't give it away either - if I'd gone North it could have been the Bay Bridge or the Richmond Bridge. Had I gone the most direct route I woulda taken the San Mateo Bridge, gone south and doubled back to the GGB.

So yeah - super lucky to get it on the 2nd guess.

Never understood why they charge tolls for bridges. Like I get it builds roads etc but wtf are taxes for?

Tolls are for maintaining the bridge. THE golden gate gets repainted all the time
Man didn't see the contest till now. Nice contest

Back