• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

more peppers next year

Our cayanne, hungarian, jalapnos, habanero, red habanero all did well. My crimson red hots grew well, but were not hot. I want to try some other varities next year. Has anyone done tabasco in ontario? What about cherry bombs? ony other sugustions?

I'm not a big fan of tabasco, but they do grow quite well for me. I much prefer malaguetas which are sort of similar but tastier
Cherry bombs are OK but nothing special in my opinion, and they are hybrids so you can't really save seeds. Crimson hots are great too but never really hot and lots of seeds.
What heat range are you looking for?

I'm not a big fan of tabasco, but they do grow quite well for me. I much prefer malaguetas which are sort of similar but tastier
Cherry bombs are OK but nothing special in my opinion, and they are hybrids so you can't really save seeds. Crimson hots are great too but never really hot and lots of seeds.
What heat range are you looking for?
I am looking for in the range of habs. maybe a bit hotter. also looking for some tamer ones like tabasco etc.

I would recommend any of the Japanese or Thai varieties. Tabasco could work in Ontario if you start very early indoors and especially if you overwinter it, it will explode in peppers the second year. Also I highly recommend any type of Serrano. Stick with the habs as well, maybe try a new(to you) Habanero variety on top of what already works for you.

Back