• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

More than 3 months old and only 4- 6''

Im in British Columbia and my peppers grew well for a while and then we got constant rain for nearly a month and a half, most of the lower leaves dropped... but im sure they will come back in full force. i will still get peppers off of each plant im sure. I guess its a seed saving year. (even though that was the plan anyways)

to contradict Dave2000, you can be successful growing any of them... you just have to learn the length of your season and start early inside accordingly.

Best of luck, and its good to see another canadian. A greenhouse is always an option as well.

Also don't get discouraged when you see the harvest of the members here in say Florida or the Carolinas, keep in mind that they have an awesome climate to grow peppers in. you gotta make the most of what you have. I have brainstrain pods in Edmonton, not many, not huge, but I do have pods. And I'm pretty happy with that.

Ground temp can be an issue for you there in Canada. That could be a reason for stunted growth. ( the ground temp being to low) and why your container plants are doing better as they absorb the warmth from the sun during the day.

I know this thread is old, but I must have missed it before. :mope:

I also just posted about my slow growers....they have been in the ground awhile now and although we have had LOTS of rain...they just done seem to be as happy as my scorpions and reaper plants...

Just wondering if habs needed something different? :confused:

Back