• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Morouga seedlings dying right away

Hi all! I am trying to germinate some Morouga seedlings and I am not having any success. I am transferring them into slightly moist and slightly fertilized soil. They are shriveling up immediately, any tips? 

What are you using as a "holding" for them? I had little success but managed to grow 2 butch t and one morouga from seed. I used the clear egg cartons with a few holes poked in then very gently transferred them into 6" pots when they were about 1" in height where they remain til they were nearly 8" in height. Also what are the growing conditions like for you

I think the problem is over fert soils usually keep them fed for 6months and along with the extra fert and stress of transplant it isnt good for the plant

Thanks for the tips, I have retried and I am having initial success like this:
Potting soil
Solo Cups cut in half
Saran Wrap
I now have 2 scorp long tails, 2 7 pot douglah  and a brain strain with 2 fine leaves on each.
Now the hard part, how long do I leave them covered? The garage gets down to about 70 F at night and I dont think that should be too detrimental right? The first sprout is pushing up on the wrap already and I would like to remove it but I'm afraid it will wither. Any thoughts?

From my experience if you give them plenty of light they will love you long time. We have all brownthumbed it at times but overall pepper plants are very hardy and very forgiving

Back