• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

MORUGA AND ?

So its said the top one is a moruga scorpion and the bottom one ?dorset naga?
2012-07-31_18-10-43_828.jpg

Yup, top one's a moruga scorp. Bottom one, first blush, looks more like a 7Pot Douglah? Not too sure, but the dorset naga's I've seen have a more pointed end. Not quite that of a scorp, but the end of this looks too rounded to be a naga, at least to my admittedly amateur eyes...

Also someone linked a vid with Paul and his 'cornish naga' in this forum. You'll see the one he shows first (and eats) is the typical wedge shaped naga. The other one he briefly shows at the beginning and more so at the end is less wedge shaped and a rounder bottom. These were bred for size and heat, so not as uniformly wedge shaped as bhuts or bihs sometimes.

I don't understand what you're confused about?
cause the bottom one was said to be a dorset naga but when looking up pics on the web/utube the dorset looks nothing like this one but looking up the 7 pot jonah it lookes like a better match im just wanting to be sure 7pot/naga?

I like the tiny bumps on the top one.

I thought moruga was supposed to be smoother - but mine aren't out yet - and I can only rely on what I read and see so far.

New to hot peppers- I keep saying to my wife "Rumply" she had to ask if that's a word -

But - seems like the more rumply ones are hotter- heh- it's a WEAK theory - I know but - ... gotta start somewhere.

Back