• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moruga chilli

hi guys ive just started my new batch of moruga chilli , although im having difficautys with some not wanting to crack there seed cases on top of there stalks, will they be ok if i just leave them or will i loose them?

thanks smokin, helped alittle i think il use a spray bottle just to mosten them up abit because im a beliver in making them fight abit if they havnt helped themselves and i dont like to baby them, in abit il try clipping them ,just abit conserned as there are about 7 of them so far out of around 20 something out of this batch and no one likes to loose a chilli plant especially a moruga :)

I left them alone and most of them made it but some did not make it and died.
I found that keeping them in a more humid warm environment seemed to work best for me as they did better.

well i live in north queensland,australia so its perfect weather for them simulating in a box isnt nessary as this is a full tropical rainforest area the c chinese speices are a fickle bunch at the best of times i think ive got around a 70% germination rate witch i belive is pretty good these were perhaps bad/dry seeds maybe the casing is abit tuff on this lot perhaps

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]I use nail clippers to clip the seed heads off, just clip the rim very carefully and that seem to get the seed cap off. if you leave the cap on to long they cant grow and will die.[/background]

I remember reading about this in another post and what was said was that to plant the seed slightly deeper if your getting many seeds with helmets.
Tried it myself and it seems to work .

POTAWIE......I prefer to take them off before damage occurs. You just have to have a steady hand and be slow and patient
To avoid helmets, plant seeds deeper

Back