• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moruga Scorpions... don't hurt me

What exactly do you do to get the peppers to maximum hotness? The wiki article says runoff from worm farms or something like that. I know they can range from barely above a habanero to hottest in the world.

Run a search on this forum... There is a ton of good info on this.. Stressing the plant is one way. Also breed of pepper will also determine heat level.

Start reading the AACT Sticky as this is great info on feeding your plants (which once your seeds sprout you will need to do).

Looks like your watering method is too harsh and knocking the sprouts over. Good luck recovering. Try bottom watering. I also dont remove the humidity dome until after they get their first real leaves and that works fine for me it seems

Also be careful with the humidity dome. My dumb a$$ brought 60+ seedlings outside last year for a couple of hours to get some sun and I left the dome on to preserve moisture. The late morning sun baked more than half of them under the hot plastic.

What exactly do you do to get the peppers to maximum hotness? The wiki article says runoff from worm farms or something like that. I know they can range from barely above a habanero to hottest in the world.

Like HolyHotPeppers said.... stress them. It will hurt your heart, but the best way to get them hot is to hold back on watering as much as possible without killing them. Too much water makes bland, bitter fruit.

Like HolyHotPeppers said.... stress them. It will hurt your heart, but the best way to get them hot is to hold back on watering as much as possible without killing them. Too much water makes bland, bitter fruit.

What about whoretalking them?

"you dirty plants aren't good for anything. I've seen russet potatoes hotter. Go back to the red light district."

The peat moss tray dries out insanely fast, like I water it at night and by morning it's practically desert sand even though I have it covered. Any advice? Bottom water?

The peat moss tray dries out insanely fast, like I water it at night and by morning it's practically desert sand even though I have it covered. Any advice? Bottom water?

Put the peat trays inside a plastic flat and then put a plastic dome on top or anything that can seal in the moisture. Get creative.

Back