• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Moruga vs. Brain Strain vs. Satan's Super Hot

No. I know for a fact that you saw the title and thought "Oh God here we go again", right? Wrong. I'm not about to start where others have left off. This topic has already been beaten to pulp and to each side their own convictions! If you want at least "one" of many threads on the topic it can be found here:

http://thehotpepper....e-for-a-moment/

What "I" am here to pose on the other hand is a grow-down. I happened to realize that I've got the seeds of all three strains and as of yesterday I've got Jim Duffy's Moruga, Cappy's Brain Strain and Jack's(SuperHot) Satan's Red seeds in the paper towels for germination. I want to see for myself what all three of these variations produce. Inquiring minds wanna know. I mean, don't you???

So here it is... I'll be periodically posting their progress throughout the 2013 growing season. Perhaps in the end there will be more light as to which of these truly is King.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts:
Let us know how yours do. I'll have a myriad of superhots to trade for some Brain Strains at the end of the season! What strain is the Satan's Reds (Naga, 7 Pot, Hab)? Running my own experiments this year, although I don't have the same one's you have. We'll have to compare results.

patrick, SuperHot has the Satan's Red seeds. They're another moruga variant. He can probably tell you more about them.

Back