• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Most interesting flowers

bbzbD1v.jpg

ymfwnqq.jpg
:metal:

Peter_L said:
Wow, I really like how the petals of that Purple Flower Baccatum fold back at the tips. It's very pretty; thanks for the picture. Definitely one I'll have to consider for next year.

I'll share a picture too, although Pubescens isn't exactly unique among this crowd. I still really like how it looks.

N96oRcE.jpg
You're welcome! Thank you for your great response! I'm planning on isolating a flower or two on this, so I can send you some seeds after that happens and they ripen.

I'll have to wait until tomorrow when the flowers hopefully open back up, but my *not* black prince has really nice flowers with a splash of purple.

These pictures are pretty interesting to me. I happened to catch a flower opening on my Purple Flower Baccatum.
Photo%20Jul%2012%2C%207%2014%2056%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Jul%2012%2C%207%2016%2036%20AM.jpg

Lots of really beautiful flowers here.

My contribution is rather plain in comparison.

This is from the unknown purple. Most of the flowers on the plant have five petals, a few have six.

I found this one with seven petals:

3GTd6VN.jpg

Bhuter said:
Rebooting this great thread.

This is not a pepper, but it IS a NightShade. BitterSweet NightShade growing in the alley.
82qZFOC.jpg

Pods
xeGrms1.jpg

And I have ZERO clue what these "Air-Onions" are..............
xm1Q3qQ.jpg

z4xxysf.jpg

Qdlwkut.jpg
onion or garlic "Scapes" will flower and create bulbils
you can eat them like chives, dried or fresh  :drooling: 
if you want bigger onions/garlic heads, trim them off as soon as you see them so it directs its growth towards the bulb.

:cheers:

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:
Interesting question! I grew hardneck garlic a few years back and when I looked into "scrapes" everything online reported cutting them as GIP posted. And yes they are delicious when used like scallions.
Thank you very much!!! I didn't wanna eat an umami/savory NightShade, since they were growing together. :rofl:
I didn't see a calyx unless it's been swallowed up. Lol. I'm gonna look at them today!
:cheers:

Did "auto-wrong" change yours to "Scrapes" from "Scapes". Lol. Thank you!

Bhuter said:
Is that what these are? Or are they flowers that will open?

Interesting question! I grew hardneck garlic a few years back and when I looked into "scrapes" everything online reported cutting them as GIP posted. And yes they are delicious when used like scallions.

"Globemaster Allium is an easy to grow Ornamental Onion that has giant 10" diameter violet flower heads on 2 to 3 ft. flower stems and blooms in early summer."
f4LFuz1.jpg

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
from my Hardneck garlic bed last year;
NYzkym5.jpg

and this years scapes picked earlier now that i knew to keep an eye out for them
zqkJjr3.jpg

No, I actually thought the r was there - I now know these "growths" are escapes - Learn something new everyday here!

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
"Globemaster Allium is an easy to grow Ornamental Onion that has giant 10" diameter violet flower heads on 2 to 3 ft. flower stems and blooms in early summer."
f4LFuz1.jpg
Well, I went to check them out. There were more than just a few today........
7n7LOkc.jpg

So I grabbed a few.
R4zG6UX.jpg

NjRiQLi.jpg

I won't have vampire problems around here anytime soon. Whew!!!!! Smells like I need to throw spaghetti on them. GAR-LICK-YYYYYYYY!!!!!

Back