• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Most productive pepper?

I am looking for a plant that produces a whole lot of peppers. I do not care about the weight of the peppers. I would imagine it to be a semi-domesticated or a wild pepper. Probably the Tepin, Pequin, or Aji Chaparita.

Chiltepin is the most productive for me in my raised beds in Northeastern Kansas.

Coyote Zan white seems darn prolific according to what I read. Was looking for a good white variety so i ordered seeds from WHP last week.

Forgot about Aji Mochero and Biquinho.  Both are very productive too.    

In the north, I have heard the Rey Pakal variety of habanero outproduces pretty much everything else. It is on the lighter side for heat though. I've had luck with the annum varieties. The black and yellow hungarians grow. Especially the black for early to late season. These aren't the hottest but you did not specify heat. Or choose one of the Numex varieties of jalapeno. You will get a lot of peppers. 

Unfortunately we'll never see this hybrid from 2016.

5EbIuS5.jpg

Yes, it's over 14 feet tall and grown under ideal conditions in AZ. The grower left this report.
_
06 Dec 2016
Nuclieye said:
This hybrid has produced around 100 lbs the past year.  I still have many many pounds in the freezer from it.  It suddenly failed after reaching over 14' tall and I cut it back to a stump which is now greening up and starting over.  Great flavor for a super hot and best roasted.

wrinklenuts said:
Wtf? What kind of pepper plant tree is that? Omg!

If you click on the growers description.> Look at my past posts for details but a Native wild growing Chiltepin and Reaper cross. In the pick the mother plant is on the left side and about 4' tall with the Reaper underneath it all and about 1.5' tall. They are both still growing well.  you should be taken to the thread I found.

You'll note the grower states the parents are just to his right, to the left of  him in our view of pic, and you can see the lighter green leaves extend about 4' up so I assume the Reaper under this Chiltepin.

_

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

If you click on the growers description.> Look at my past posts for details but a Native wild growing Chiltepin and Reaper cross. In the pick the mother plant is on the left side and about 4' tall with the Reaper underneath it all and about 1.5' tall. They are both still growing well.  you should be taken to the thread I found.

You'll note the grower states the parents are just to his right, to the left of  him in our view of pic, and you can see the lighter green leaves extend about 4' up so I assume the Reaper under this Chiltepin.

I would love to have seeds from that monster plant. 

_

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

_
Holy mother of my profile pic. I want that in my yard..

Back