• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Most unlikely food you eat with hot sauce

I like using hot sauces on Brussels Sprouts. Kind of like vinegar with kick. I'm sure someone is going to top this, but I'm always up for ideas.

Well, since I put it on EVERYTHING.....I would have to say Squid, Pinnapple, Breakfist Cereal, A Jalapeno (Filld it with hot sauce then cooked it...I was bored that day), an Apple, a Banana, Pancakes, beer, and that's all I can remember at this moment.

toast.

With my toast, it's either Marmite, guacamole or chili sauce.

As to jam and marmalade: fruit and bread products were not made to be put together. Fact. (unless you could chilis as fruit)

imaguitargod said:
Well, since I put it on EVERYTHING.....I would have to say Squid, Pinnapple, Breakfist Cereal, A Jalapeno (Filld it with hot sauce then cooked it...I was bored that day), an Apple, a Banana, Pancakes, beer, and that's all I can remember at this moment.

cereal??

hahahah

use blairs death sauce on your cheerios, that is certainly something new to me.

dreamtheatervt said:
I wouldn't consider eggs weird, I always have my omelets with hot sauce, usually different ones on each half.

So I have noticed, a couple of years ago I decided to give it a try and I like it. Apparently everyone does it, but nobody in my sleepy midwest town that I have ever seen. The cereal thing has me wondering, Raisin Bran and Hot Sauce?

[quote name='sevver']So I have noticed, a couple of years ago I decided to give it a try and I like it. Apparently everyone does it, but nobody in my sleepy midwest town that I have ever seen. The cereal thing has me wondering, Raisin Bran and Hot Sauce?[/QUOTE]

here's a quote from another thread where this was discussed and The Cap'n came up with this...

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']This gives me a great (:idea:) idea Sickmont. And no, that's not a lightbulb sticking out of my a$$! Here's a wonderful idea for a spicy cereal breakfast.... Pour corn flakes into a bowl, sprinkle with cheese, heat in microwave for 25 seconds, add hot sauce/salsa of choice, and enjoy yer meal!!! Viola! Might even want to add some bacon bits to top it off.[/QUOTE]

Cottage Cheese ... The cool neutral taste really brings out the flavor of the hot sauce.. I use it when I try a new hot sauce...

Denio said:
Cottage Cheese ... The cool neutral taste really brings out the flavor of the hot sauce.. I use it when I try a new hot sauce...

Really? I really like cottage cheese. I'll have to go try that out for lunch today!

Along the same lines, Denio:

Plain yogurt. Makes a swell dip! Hmm...not really unusual.

Hot sauce on eggs is s staple. I can't eat eggs unless the DO have sauce on 'em...and the hashbrowns, too!

dreamtheatervt said:
Along the lines of cottage cheese, I use hot sauce in tuna salad a lot because the fat-free miracle whip just doesn't do it alone.

I make my tuna salad with jalapenos...

three cans of tuna (in oil drained) just tastes better..
three jalapenos
low fat mayo
diced celery
Italian parsley
And a very little onion

usually eat most of it on crackers as a snack...

I actually tried Scotty B's Berries in Heat on Vanilla ice cream and I must say it was very interesting. I actually ended up liking it. My wife thought I completely lost my marbles!

ross said:
cereal??

hahahah

use blairs death sauce on your cheerios, that is certainly something new to me.

Sickmont said:
here's a quote from another thread where this was discussed and The Cap'n came up with this...

And from that same thread...
imaguitargod said:
As for cereal, take your milk and mix a few splashes of Defcon Zero (or CaJohn's Z) and let sit for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally. Then put on your favorite cereal and your off!

OMG, egg's without at least Cholula is criminal!
:Edit: ... Tell me this don't look like a breakfast fit for a chilhead.... (threw on some sriracha on this one)

Weirdest food eh? hmm... People here probably won't think it's odd...but Hot Chocolate. I mean after all that's how the Mayan's made it.... But MAN I sure get some odd looks when I throw ground chiles into my cup.:lol: :P

Back