• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Mottled leaves

I'm having an issue with mottled leaves on what is supposed to be a chocolate bhutlah, at least that's what the seeds were marketed as. I've asked around at a few of the local greenhouses and no one seems to have an answer. I've also browsed around the interwebs and can't seem to find anything similar to my issue. I fertilized with a 5-10-10, added a little bone meal, and also a little epsom salt; but nothing has helped. I have a second, smaller plant that isn't suffering from this, and as it sits right next to the larger I don't think it's a pest problem. I'm hoping that perhaps one of you might be able to identify the cause. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Patrick

Attachments

• P1011594.JPG
    P1011594.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 68
  • P1011595.JPG
    P1011595.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 66
It definitely looks like one for the cull bin. 

If you have plant issues in the future, there is never a good reason to add bone meal on top of a 5-10-10 fertilizer.  Just a single balanced fertilizer would be good enough to avoid any actual nutrient issues, provided that all the essentials are present. (besides just the 3 macros)  That aside, you will almost never solve a plant problem with single nutrient diagnoses.

This is definitely a pathogen.  It doesn't look like what I've seen in the past with BLS, as it's a little more dense.  But I honestly wouldn't even mess with it, and risk it spreading.

Back