Mountain Dew Throwback.

Sugar. :)
Orange juice concentrate. :shocked:

Limited time only.
FFFFFUUUUU.jpg

I had some the other day. A great drink.

Ripley, a small community in OH, had a Pepsi bottling plant so almost everyone in town drank Pepsi products. When they came out with Mt. Dew, I was one of a very few people who drank and liked it - it was refreshing (plus probably addictive). I still remember the green bottles with the hillbilly shooting at a pig by a well.

I don't fucntion of a morning until I have at least 16 oz. of MD in me and usually consume 24 within the first 30 minutes!

Very interesting, the Throwback one sounds good. I probably had that one as a kid, before they made the swill that they call a beverage today. I don't do the high fructose sodas.

It's still got crap in it lol:

Ingredients
CARBONATED WATER, SUGAR, ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID, NATURAL FLAVOR, SODIUM BENZOATE (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CAFFEINE, SODIUM CITRATE, GUM ARABIC, ERYTHORBIC ACID (PRESERVES FRESHNESS), CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (TO PROTECT FLAVOR), BROMINATED VEGETABLE OIL, YELLOW 5

That was the Throwback one. The regular one has more crap lol.

I like diet Mt. Dew...

The leaded version is way too sweet....kinda like Dr. Pepper vs. Diet Dr. Pepper.

Plus....it's great to mix with whiskey!

(oh crap....did I say that last part out loud?)

That'll get you drunk fasssssssst! All that sugar! (non-diet one)

PF! PF! PF! Drink! Drink! Drink!

You're no fun since you quit drinking!

Pepperfreak said:
Whiskey? Never thought about that.......

I did - many moons ago. I had a bad cold and cough (about 13-14 years old or so) and dad told me I needed to drink a hot toddy or whatever it is called. He said to mix a bit of whiskey with Mt. Dew and drink it. So I did. But I had been drinking Mt. Dew, quite a bit, so I presumed the active ingredients to get rid of the cold and cough was the whiskey. And of course, we all know that if a little bit is good, a lot is better. So I poured about four, maybe five double shots of whiskey into a 8-ounce glass of MD and drank it. I don't remember if it got rid of the cold and cough, but I do remember I slept real well, once I managed to walk/crawl to bed!

Mike

thehotpepper.com said:
That'll get you drunk fasssssssst! All that sugar! (non-diet one)

PF! PF! PF! Drink! Drink! Drink!

The REALLY scary part is that you can add twice the whiskey to it than to say.....Coke....before it starts to taste "harsh"

A very dangerous concoction to be sure!!

Back