• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

indoor Moving into the tent.

Hey all,

I need advice. One of my plants that was doing really well in front of the windows has lost 75 percent of its leaves recently, while the one next to it is starting to put out pods.

I have a grow tent with a 400wMH that I believe is putting out more light running 16 hours a day than the Sun here in Spokane currently.

I have recently moved some things around here and have room in the grow tent for one more plant.

Do I put in the weak in an effort to save it, or do I put in the strong and start reeping some mid-winter pods ?

I imagine if I put the in the strong I will rig up a couple 100w CFLs above the weak to give it some love?

Ideas / opinions?

- Mega

I think it was Alabama Jack who said something about folks listening to their plants.

If the strong one seems happy where it is, I'd leave it be. The weaker one doesn't seem too happy where it is now, so maybe he'd be a better candidate for a move to the tent?

But I'm not a "grower" by any means! :)

Pods take alot of energy. If daylight is weak/short in winter then photosynthesis slows down.

I almost killed one of my habanero plants by making it produce fruit when I should have over wintered.
The plant that I pinched all the buds on cause it was getting cold, looks alot healthier! Energy was reserved instead of a suicide mission to set seed.

So are you thinking if the plant is podding i just favor it and put it in the tent, and keep the other going slow in its rehab ?

- Mega

Back