• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Moving on up(Carribean Red)

good video man,

have had these before when first starting growing and yeah they do have a bit of heat, but like u said youll get used too it and ull beon to to the butch t soon

:lol: the thought of eating a butch t makes me orgasm while throwing up at the same time. Im excited though that I have some peppers to experiment with though finally

Those are my favorite tasting peppers hands down. I use them in everything that is for everyone to enjoy. I'm surprised you didn't appreciate the sweetness that I enjoy about them.

Next stop, bhut jolokia.

Enjoy, and welcome to the heat!

Those are my favorite tasting peppers hands down. I use them in everything that is for everyone to enjoy. I'm surprised you didn't appreciate the sweetness that I enjoy about them.

Next stop, bhut jolokia.

i really want to try one! how does the sweetness compare to say an orange hab?

Next stop, bhut jolokia.

We are on the same wavelength here

I tasted absolutely no sweetness in this pod, but I have had very different levels of sweetness with different orange habs. I still have 10 more, so hopefully I will find that flavor I've heard so much about.

i really want to try one! how does the sweetness compare to say an orange hab?
I actually just had my first homegrown orange hab today. The crisp and fresh taste is very similar, but there is a real appreciable sweetness that caribbean reds have that is unlike any other pepper that I have ever had. I now use them in sweet BBQ sauces and especially mango salsa because of the flavor they contribute. I wish I had any left Spongey, you are just a few hours from me I would have been happy to send you some. If my indoor goes well I will hit you up and send you a care package in the next few months.

depending on growing conditions you could consider this a superhot.

not exactly in Jolokia territory or Butch scorpion.

but from my growing garden
its hotter than my red savinas........

and taste way better as well.

depending on growing conditions you could consider this a superhot.

not exactly in Jolokia territory or Butch scorpion.

but from my growing garden
its hotter than my red savinas........

and taste way better as well.
ummm yeah generally with the flavor I have found the Carib red to be better and slightly hotter then the few red savinas I have had. As for superhot that truly is a perception term. I live very close to the middle east compared to the moon. If you feel black pepper is hot them yes you could call this a superhot , but generally when I say superhot(and many on here from what I have seen) there is a set grouping of peppers that are in that group.

Spend the next month diving into the articles and reading and absorbing and you will see.

I do have friends that do consider a carib red to be super hot, just not a superhot.

Edit to remove un needed name

Back