• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MR_POTS 2013 ORGANIC GLOG! UPDATE/HARVEST PICS!

What's up fellow THP members! Finally decided to start my own GLOG and do some seed sowing myself after seeing everyone else getting geared up for the new season. In case anyone out there who doesn't already know,My sister Melissa77754 is the one who introduced me to this site and the wonderful world of chili peppers. I was truly unaware even existed,besides the once infamous "Ghost Chile" I had only heard of before growing some of my own this past year. Have been an avid organic gardener for the last five years learning more and more as each goes by.Learning new methods as well as learning about new plants to grow too.So last year I wasn't so easily convinced by my sis about growing hot peppers.Until I saw for myself that is, how great they can be as I was never one to consider myself a Chilehead,,just Mexican, Lol!! Well last year all my plants came from my sis and got only half my attention. Until I realized for myself how much I enjoy growing them. So last month I had no pepper plants indoors,just the current ones outside still pushing thru all this bad socal weather and well now..... I have 80+ already and plan on sowing more,not to mention the ones my sis and I will be passing along to each other throughout the season as well! It's funny how quick they can add up,lol. So here's a few pics of what's started so far for everyone to see!!
Best of Luck to everyone in 2013!!
Pepperseedlings1-4-13031_zps1660ffec.jpg

Pepperseedlings1-4-13033_zps001d3223.jpg

ev
Pepperseedlings1-4-13036_zps242f21a1.jpg

Pepperseedlings1-4-13035_zps038c8ec2.jpg

Pepperseedlings1-4-13025_zps92c58a56.jpg

Pepperseedlings1-4-13023_zps08591c61.jpg

Pepperseedlings1-4-13015_zpsb638f8a2.jpg

Holy moly about time. No need to say good luck coz y'all both have green thumbs and make awesome sauces.

Woohoo. Glad to see the reapers. Naga brain and bubblegum looking healthy.

Great looking start, looking forward to what the season brings! Question for you, by Organic are you going to keep all your plants in pots? I consider myself an organic grower as well but label everything all natural since I plant directly into the ground and have not had my soil/surroundings certified.

Best of luck!

It's going to be an epic season between the both of us bro! You are the reason I know how to grow so well and I couldn't be happier with turning you in to a chile head! :D Yeaaaaa buddy the 2013 season is well on it's way!!! :dance: :dance:

Great looking start, looking forward to what the season brings! Question for you, by Organic are you going to keep all your plants in pots? I consider myself an organic grower as well but label everything all natural since I plant directly into the ground and have not had my soil/surroundings certified.

Best of luck!
That's a good question,glad you asked! Yes,I do plan on growing out most of these in pots and will being putting some in ground as well.Did some research and so long as I don't gross more than 5k in sales,I am free to label my peppers Organic! Once you past that mark,then you must be certified in order to do so, which will definitely be one of my goals in the near future.Putting it in the title is just for those who are looking to see how to grow Organic peppers.Thanks for stopping by and best of luck to you as well!

looking good cant wait to see those seedlings grow up and turn into trees like your sister has lol i think she has you beat jk
Thanks,You and me both tyler! She's definitely got a nice head start on me,Lol!

Man those babies look perfect Nick. Can't wait to see them all grown up :fireball:
Thanks,Romy! Looking forward as well bud

That is awesome news, something must have changed since I last looked into Organic. If that is the case for Delaware, I have been 100% organic for last 5 years! My old site was www.organichotpepper.com, good thing I still own that domain. ;)
I'll check back into specific to Delaware, good luck with your 2013 grow.

That is awesome news, something must have changed since I last looked into Organic. If that is the case for Delaware, I have been 100% organic for last 5 years! My old site was www.organichotpepper.com, good thing I still own that domain. ;)
I'll check back into specific to Delaware, good luck with your 2013 grow.

Basically from what I read there's some exemptions for a small farmer,but in order to rock the official USDA seal certification is a must. Either way still good to let everyone know your practices. Nice,like the fact you keep it organic. I couldn't ever see myself doing it any other way. Here's the link if want to check it out http://www.ams.usda.gov/AMSv1.0/NOPExemptOperations

Basically from what I read there's some exemptions for a small farmer,but in order to rock the official USDA seal certification is a must. Either way still good to let everyone know your practices. Nice,like the fact you keep it organic. I couldn't ever see myself doing it any other way.
Could not agree more. All my herbs, tomatoes and cucs were organic as well. I was lucky enough to find 3 large praying mantis egg sacks while hunting this year so cannot wait until they get added to the garden. I list everything as all natural but at least I know to me that is organic. Looking forward to watching this thread progress

Chris

Best of luck skill to you and your sister in 2013, all the seedlings look great! AFAIK I grow organic too per the Wiki definition of organic farming … unless using chicken manure rules me out.

Looking great already ... best of luck with the organic season ahead !! I love seeing organic grows on here.

Thanks Trippa!! Best of luck to you this season as well
Best of luck skill to you and your sister in 2013, all the seedlings look great! AFAIK I grow organic too per the Wiki definition of organic farming … unless using chicken manure rules me out.
Thanks WalkGood! Best of luck to you as well in 2013,Nothing wrong with a little chicken sh** :lol:

A little Update for everyone,been 10 days since my last pics. Started a few more seeds as well 7 days ago!
Pepperplants1-14-13001_zps70a35713.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13004_zps330a0106.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13011_zps4f64d23d.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13010_zps9a88a675.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13013_zps19f876cd.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13008_zpsf3625237.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13009_zps635c1992.jpg
Pepperplants1-14-13019_zps639b4163.jpg

Pepperplants1-14-13017_zpsbd4f6390.jpg

Hey, Mr Pots! Melissa is a great role model for sure! You guys
make a good team. Here's to a great grow for you this season!

Hey,Everyone! Sorry for my absence and lack of updates.Been super busy taking care of all these pepper plants,may have went a bit overboard growing so many plants this year.Put them out to early as now there taking over my entire backyard.Here's a pic of my latest harvest from yesterday,it's not my first and most definitely not my last. There's 7 pot Chaguanes,Antilles Fire,Yellow Brain,Peach bhut,Congo yellow/orange,Chocolate Bhut's and peppers from my Aji Joe's Superhot surprise that are chocolate as well as a few others.I'll take some pics of the plants for everyone later today.

My beautiful niece Lily posing for the camera!

Back