• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

mrgg*s PURPLE playground

Starting a purple thread. While there will be pictures of normal green plants, the main focus will be the color PURPLE  :eek:

Got a few varieties of things that came in, but only germinating a few for fun since it's so late into the season already. If anything, my plan is to toss a few pics up here and there at my leisure. 

Enjoy!

Here are most of the things I started. This is mostly just a preview for next year when I run more seed to select through. I know not all of these are purple varieties; a few I just wanted to try sooner than later like the Brazilian Starfish and the Fish Pepper. 
IMG_4056_zpsqetibf4d.jpg

Some of the first purple to show...
IMG_4127_zpsximsmjjb.jpg

IMG_4126_zpscjkhsbnt.jpg

And some Fooled You Jalapenos. They have zero heat, but should be full flavor. I wanted one or two plants so I could just slice in half, hit with oil, salt, and garlic, and grill. And this way I can literally eat pounds of it should I have the desire (and means) to do so.

I plan to give a bunch of plants away to coworkers. I usually germinate many more than I need to make sure I get what I need, pick the best and then give the rest... away.
IMG_4123_zpsnumv96j7.jpg

Here is a list of seeds I already have, which are some sort of purple or blackish varieties. Not all plants are all purple but purple phenos can be found. I am considering anything with purple in the leaves, stems, or pods (again, only a few of them are being germinated this season):

Yaki Brown
Purple Flash
Black Pearl
Purple Jalapeno
Pink Tiger
Purple Tiger
THSC Black Scorpion Tongue
Royal Black
Pimenta Elisir x Neyde
Redgum TigerMAMP
Peachgum TigerMAMP

Neel said:
All those dark leaves you got look nice. I'm really enjoying the colours of the flowers and pods on my Chinese 5 Color. Can't wait to see it with all the different coloured pods in there.

That's a super purple pod right there! I love it. Do you remember where you got the seeds from, by chance?

Update: Planted out 4 more Pink Tigers, a Naglah Brown, a Fidalga Roxa, and my Clematis. Didn't get pics of them as they're still really small. But here is an update of a few of the first couple waves.

Black Cobra
1_zpsu0rpxch9.jpg

2_zpsqo9ztpxs.jpg

Purple Jalapeno, just starting out
4_zpsccrx95na.jpg

Yaki Brown
3_zpsq34l7il8.jpg

5_zpswhziego4.jpg

Purple Flash (the one at my house, the other one is doing well in the bonsai pot at work)
6_zpswuvutvjn.jpg

7_zpsj9xgxavm.jpg

Neel said:
I got them here: http://www.pepperseeds.eu/chinese-5-color.html

But I still have seeds left or could try to isolate some flowers so I'd be fine sending you some.

First, thanks for the new seed source. Saved in the list.

Second, I would love some seeds, either way would be fine (I only need 2-4 seeds for specific reasons), but I wouldn't want you to have to pay for international letter if it costs too much from the Netherlands to California... If it turns out to be cheap enough, than please private message me and we can exchange info. I can also send you a few things that I can part with right now as a thanks. I have only a few things that I have mass stock of (trinidad moruga scorpion (not-isolated, but the pods are impressive for TMS's), black cobra (not-isolated), shishito, choclate scotch bonnet, chocolate 7-pod (I think), numex Big Jim (not-isolated), and carolina reaper (not-isolated) seeds that are ready to be shared). I will soon have pods from each of the plants pictured in this thread as well as a large variety of jalapenos, but you'd have to wait for those :) (they can be isolated).

peppamang said:
Awesome grow log mrgg! Pheno hunting is pretty cool. I bet those aren't the only purple plants your growing this year!  :high:  :rofl:  :woohoo:

Thanks @peppamang! I actually just culled off my last purple in that stable, crossed it with a nice male to preserve it in seed form. Needed the room for the new project (based on the Kosher Kush family  :fireball:  :fireball:  :fireball: ).

Back to peppas! One that hasn't been pictured in this thread for a good while, the Black Pearl I kept at home (other one is at the office). The full plant is pictured just above in my previous post - closest center. This one didn't turn out to have such a black leafed pheno, I'll probably not save these seeds and run the rest of the breeder's pack next season. The one in the office isn't super dark either.
IMG_4730_zpsfer2zguf.jpg

Moments away from budding out
IMG_4733_zps5vvorxmf.jpg

Side note: I ran the rest of my Pink Tiger seeds to see if I could find some really dark phenos, and I ended up with one. While the rest look great, one is exceptionally dark. Will get some pics of it very soon, she's really small right now - only about 4-5 inches tall.

Front row (L to R): THSC Black Scorpion Tongue, Yaki Brown, Purple Flash, Black Pearl, (seedling) Pink Tiger, (seedling) Pink Tiger
Back Row (L to R): (seedling) Fidalga Roxa, (seedling) Naglah Brown, Brazilian Starfish, Pink Tiger, (seedling) Pink Tiger, (seedling) Pink Tiger, Clematis (vine)
28347136434_88d88d877f_k.jpg

28861264502_2498d2eb8f_k.jpg

28965887445_cb4c0aa5c1_k.jpg

A couple of the smaller Pink Tigers up-close
28861262132_5af945ee46_k.jpg

28933854836_d272dc7b97_k.jpg

Some full-plant shots

Pink Tiger
29112878226_22eb60b311_b.jpg

4 smaller Pink Tigers
28524049824_211c388954_b.jpg

Black Pearl