Mrs. Renfro's Ghost Pepper Salsa & the Chile Pepper Institute

Renfro Foods is excited to announce that it is teaming up with New Mexico State University’s Chile Pepper Institute (CPI) in Las Cruces, N.M., and other chile pepper industry related businesses in support of creating a permanent research endowment for the Institute, the only international non-profit organization devoted to education, research, and archiving information related to chile peppers.

A portion of sales from Mrs. Renfro’s Ghost Pepper Salsa, our newest, hottest :mouthonfire: and fastest-growing product in our 71-year history, will be earmarked for the Institute’s endowed chair. The Institute’s goal is to raise $1 million over a five-year period. It is currently in its second year.

In conjunction with our partnership, we have a cool new Ghost Pepper lid that should be in stores now so check it out.

Welcome to THP! :welcome:

I have seen your ghost pepper salsa in a local market by my school. I will definitely check it out.
And thank you for your donations! Im sure it will help out.

Welcome to THP. I have had your peach salsa. Very good. If you would like an official review of the new product let me know.

Holy Guacamole! We have a salsa-celebrity in our midst! Love your salsas and am REALLY looking forward to finding this one! Welcome to THP from Massachusetts!! :welcome:

I have tried this salsa, and while it won't satisfy the need for heat from chiliheads, it does have an excellent flavor. I understand that you are bringing this salsa to the masses and as such do not want it to burn them out and for that I commend you. My father who likes things to be somewhat spicy, thinks the salsa is VERY hot so I think you have the right heat for your target audience. I will definitely have to buy some more to help out the endowment.

Mrs Renfro,
Your Ghost Chile salsa needs more ghost. :pray:

the heat level is medium, flavor is good. No where near "scary hot". :tear:

You're Ghost Salsa finally arrived in my local WinCo supermarket here in So. California. I was surprised to taste so much heat out of a store bought salsa. I am a fan and I will keep buying this stuff off the shelf.

Cerebrus, you say it is no where near scary hot, but I would say for the average salsa eater this stuff is definitely scary. I brought a jar to a New Years party and only myself and one other person enjoyed it. The rest could not handle the heat and some had the over the top hot reaction to it.

Awesome product!

Back