• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

mt rushmore

huvason said:
Cap'n Bones said:
huvason said:
LinNJoe said:
If our Mt. Rushmore are sauces, like the presidents that are carved there, that are icons/major players in the industry, then I would list these four:

Tabasco (original)
Dave's Insanity Sauce
Blair's Original Death Sauce
Cholula

You could make a case for Cajohn's sauces, but no single one seems to predominate over the others.

If this ol' mountain is merely your top 4, then I'd have to re-carve mine all the time. ;)

- Joe

Joe,

Try CaJohns TALON - my number one. Hottest non-extract I have ever tried.

Amen Huv!!! I'm currently torn between Talon and Fatalii Fire..CaJohn and Wanza done got me hooked!! ;)

I have a bottle of Fatalii fire that I have yet to open - next on my list! Jump over to the HSB (hotsauceblog), and checkout my TALON review. Absolutely my favorite sauce. I am doing a TALON Pizza - no sauce just PURE TALON! SHould be a burner!!!!!!!

Love the stuff!

LOL - I'm guessing you have read it. Different names on diferent boards will try me nuts ;)

As for taste, I love them both. The heat from the Talon worked on my entire mouth. The heat from the Fatalii Fire, just set my tongue FIRE! I guess that's why they call the Fatalii Chile "the devil's tongue". It's oh soo true. I didn't realize that until after my experience with it.

The heat from the Fatalii Fire, had almost no effect on my wife. I still can't figure that one out. :shock:

Tabasco is defiantly the George Washington of American hot sauces. Franks red hot and the wing craze that started in the 80's has to be given props for spreading spice to the cold climates masses in places like Buffalo NY. I'll call it my Lincoln. IMHO Blair's expensive collection of ludicrously hot bottles have taken hot sauces from aficionado to gourmet theory and will sit in for Roosevelt on my list.

but I have no Jefferson...if anything all the bathtub batchers who strive to make theirs theirs.

Back