• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Multi color scotch bonnet

Sry for all the SB posts but I'm very excited about them. I'm curious if there are s a strain that produces multi color peppers on same plant. There's something beautiful about a handful f green, yellow, orange, and red peppers all together. I ask this because I only have space for maybe 2 more plants outside so it's be nice to get a variety of colors without making Fire escape inaccessible in an emergency. Thanks again for the help yall have be really helpful so far

not that I know of, but if you want max flavor I'd highly suggest the MOA yellow and MOA red. the latter is harder to find, but i know judy @ pepperlover has some of the best MOA SB seeds

Thanks for the info. Somebody on here is sending me MOA seeds so I'll try those first. Once I move( hopefully to a house) I plan on having more variety

Grow all three . Top them early .. Then cut off and graft the other two colours onto the branches and make a three coloured SB .. Very possible, but takes some skill and preparation

A preferred grafting method for a three way would be to grow all three colours side by side then removing a small slither on one side of each graft them side by side so it's a triple trunk in an inch long section.. Once the plants heal together you cut the outer 2 trunks below the graft and remove the rest of the plant and roots, leaving the centre plant to support the 2 side grafted trunks ...

Very good method as it allows the 2 grafts to self support while they heal and bond .

I plan on doing some grafting this year try and graft a mother plant with three varieties..

KrakenPeppers said:
Grow all three . Top them early .. Then cut off and graft the other two colours onto the branches and make a three coloured SB .. Very possible, but takes some skill and preparation

A preferred grafting method for a three way would be to grow all three colours side by side then removing a small slither on one side of each graft them side by side so it's a triple trunk in an inch long section.. Once the plants heal together you cut the outer 2 trunks below the graft and remove the rest of the plant and roots, leaving the centre plant to support the 2 side grafted trunks ...

Very good method as it allows the 2 grafts to self support while they heal and bond .

I plan on doing some grafting this year try and graft a mother plant with three varieties..

Have you tried this before? Dying to try it myself, found a blog of a guy called livingdeathbonchi talking about that sort of graft

I have grafted before.. Not peppers though but I have used this method for a 2 way graft..

I have been growing some throw away plants to test it on atm.. Not far away from starting a few, I'm going to try grafting 2 month old plants onto a full mature plant first

I also believe the closer the variety type the better the comparability ..

Back