Mustard BBG7/brain strain/Wes?

Anyone have any info on these varieties?  Especially hungry for the mustard Wes.  I messaged Scorched after seeing some of his pictures but he hasn't been on since the spring.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I grew the 7 wes mustard from scorched last season and it was one of my least favorite varieties I have ever grown.  The flavor was really bad, and the pods really like to split before fully ripe. I'll check and see if I have any seeds left for you. 

FreeportBum said:
I grew the 7 wes mustard from scorched last season and it was one of my least favorite varieties I have ever grown.  The flavor was really bad, and the pods really like to split before fully ripe. I'll check and see if I have any seeds left for you. 

They do split like habs, not a fan

FreeportBum said:

Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll skip that one then...

BSH said:
Thanks for the heads up! I guess I'll skip that one then...
Dont get me wrong they look cool and have a really interesting pod shape. I just wouldn't grow them if you are considering them to eat.

I crossed them with a yellow BBG just for fun and will grow a few this year just out of curiously.
I also grew the mustard moruga brains last year and that was another I wouldn't grow again personally.

FreeportBum said:
Dont get me wrong they look cool and have a really interesting pod shape. I just wouldn't grow them if you are considering them to eat.

I crossed them with a yellow BBG just for fun and will grow a few this year just out of curiously.
I also grew the mustard moruga brains last year and that was another I wouldn't grow again personally.
I'm growing that one this year lol. Just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about it, and where did you get your seeds?

I grew a bunch of mustards last season and a lot of them split before fully ripe and they just don't have a flavor I like at all. Out of all the mustards I grew I liked the 7 pod mustard iso the best. good flavor, true mustard color with no green, big producer, ripened normal and the pod shape was great. I look forward to using it as a mother plant for breeding this season.

I checked my seed stash for the 7 Wes and must have tossed them.

Where did you see mustard BBG?

Reactions: BSH
I did a trade with a guy on here a few days ago and he said that someone on the forum had seeds for it but I don't remember who it was. Sounds cool though as does that mustard 7.

FreeportBum said:
I grew a bunch of mustards last season and a lot of them split before fully ripe and they just don't have a flavor I like at all. Out of all the mustards I grew I liked the 7 pod mustard iso the best. good flavor, true mustard color with no green, big producer, ripened normal and the pod shape was great. I look forward to using it as a mother plant for breeding this season.

I checked my seed stash for the 7 Wes and must have tossed them.

Where did you see mustard BBG?

I checked out your GLOG from last year...any way you'd be willing to part with some 7 pod mustards?  They look incredible.  I could send you my list if you're looking for a trade?

BSH said:

I checked out your GLOG from last year...any way you'd be willing to part with some 7 pod mustards?  They look incredible.  I could send you my list if you're looking for a trade?
If I hava any extras I dont mind sending you a few. I may have only kept seeds from one iso pod, will check my seed stash tomorrow and let you know. Cheers

FreeportBum said:
If I hava any extras I dont mind sending you a few. I may have only kept seeds from one iso pod, will check my seed stash tomorrow and let you know. Cheers
I found some 7 pot mustard seeds that wicked Mike sent me 4 or 5 years ago so I started 4 yesterday. They're old but the gigantic SR chocolate I am growing this year is from him and just as old...growing perfectly. Thanks for the offer though.

BSH said:
I found some 7 pot mustard seeds that wicked Mike sent me 4 or 5 years ago so I started 4 yesterday. They're old but the gigantic SR chocolate I am growing this year is from him and just as old...growing perfectly. Thanks for the offer though.

little late to the show but I have a few seeds if you still need them. cheers 

Back