• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Mutant seedling

I have a seedling with 3 leaves. Is this a mutant Bhut or have you had any 3 leavers before?
I will keep everyone updated as to how it progresses.

Steve

I cant figure out how to post a photo here, so if anyone can advise I would appreciate. The link to the photo is below -

IMG_4499.jpg

I get a lot of those. Neat looking though.

Not just US, the whole English language Wikipedia

Edit: actually, on my PC wikipedia is blocked but on my GFs IPhone it is working fine.

Just disable scripts and wikipedia works fine (for me, at least).

Seem to be legions of cotyledons this month...

to answer your question about posting the photo, when you go to your albums for photobucket, put your curser over the photo you want and a bunch of text boxes should appear below it, go to the IMG one and either double click it (might only be one click) and it should copy it for you, but if not, then just copy and paste that code (IMG code) from there and paste it onto here... they have an "add picture" button on here and all forums but the photobucket link code already has the needed IMG code part already in the link

I got 4 tripples this year of various varieties...and one single. All the tripples took off and did great, but after 3 weeks the single is just sitting there doing nothing. Its still nice and green and healthy looking, but the single cotyleon is just sticking straight up in the air the the tiny plant has a question and is raising his hand. I am going to leave it until it dies or develops...we'll see. I even had one of my triples develop a triple set of first leaves!

496087402.jpg

just saw this guy when watering them, not sure if there were any others because most of them all have a few sets of true leaves, but I think this might have been the only strange one.. and maybe one other I missed at some point.. but here it is, and Aji Lemon that looks like one leaf is a double leaf, the other side I think had that too, but it was part of the group that I had underwatered when they were in the Jiffy pellets and the tip piece currled up

(after just looking at this again, it almost seems it is just one big leaf that has a pinch point in the middle.. but none of the other Aji Lemons or any except for the cherry peppers have leaves this long right off the bat, so I like to think of it as a double leaf lol)

AjiLemonoddleaf.jpg

That's not a double leaf. THIS is a double leaf...

IMG_6432.jpg

:P

Looks like yours might have just had a little trouble getting out of the seed is all. But yeah, double leafs can definitely happen. Never seen them myself before this season but I have had quite a few since.

^^ haha, that is crazy looking, I just happened to notice mine right after I was reading it, and thought it was more than it actually was, but still funny looking, but I will have to keep an eye out more now for any funky leaves

LOL...I was going to post the same thing. I have a Naga Morich poking out with 3 cotyledons. We'll see what he does.

Back