• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

mutant

I know this has been talked about throughout this forum (& cant find that thread to post this in), but thought I'd show this pic. I guess I should of picked the mutant chile when ripe & let the main chile ripen :lol: but picked it anyways to show ya folks.

DSCF1650.jpg

I had two flowers merged together on my Orange Hab plant... One set the other didnt, however the two stems were merged together like a power cord and although the one flower didnt set, only the flower end died and the stem remained and the pod is growing twice as fast as the rest.

Very cool IMO, another thing I get on my Hab plants is one stem but two peppers inside one flower, you can tell by the shape and the 10+ pettals on them, none have set but it would be a really cool sight having two pods growing out of one flower.

God damn it should Re-Name this thread the Freak Show..Wow some wonderful mutants what you doing to those poor plants to get such mutant pods :lol:

That is called a gaul(sp?). It's caused my a microcopic (actually smaller than that, it can only be picked up by electron microscopes) bacteria. The pepper reacts by isolating the little guy with a growth. It's harmeless.

chilehunter said:
Do not eat that one, it's gone bad.

talas said:
God damn it should Re-Name this thread the Freak Show..Wow some wonderful mutants what you doing to those poor plants to get such mutant pods :lol:

yea must be the year of the freaks for me :lol: I had a hab that had a chile growing from its side kinda curled up, didnt take a picture but should of but wanted to get them cutup & smoking right away.
otherwise I dont do anything to these pods to create these, just mother nature at work.

imaguitargod said:
That is called a gaul(sp?). It's caused my a microcopic (actually smaller than that, it can only be picked up by electron microscopes) bacteria. The pepper reacts by isolating the little guy with a growth. It's harmeless.

Do not eat that one, it's gone bad.

I didnt plan on eating it, just wanted to show ya all. the recent pictures were of "fish" chiles & the other twins in the group picture is a fish chile also. the other chiles are mystery chiles.

Damn it chilehunter, I don't see the point of this at all! I.....

Oh wait! For a minute I thought I was you!;)

It is a little unsettling that you get so many muties.

Are thay all caused by a bacteria?

cheezydemon said:
Damn it chilehunter, I don't see the point of this at all! I.....

Oh wait! For a minute I thought I was you!;)

aint that the kettle calling the pot black ;):P

cheezydemon said:
It is a little unsettling that you get so many muties.

Are thay all caused by a bacteria?

imaguitargod said:
Yes, except for that siamies twin.

well thats only 1 pod, otherwise they're all considered twins, IMO

Back