• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My 2014 Las Vegas grow Log

Hey everyone thought it would be cool to show you my 2014 grow list.  

-Giant White Habañero
-Pink Tiger
-Carolina Reaper
-Bhut Jolokia (Red)
-Bhut Jolokia (White) 
-Bhut Jolokia (Chocolate)
-Brown Moruga
-MOA Scotch Bonnet
-Pimienta De Neyde
-Red Savina
-White Devils Tongue
-Ají Pineapple
-Brainstrain (Red)
-Naga Morich

I started these my seeds mostly in peat pellets and in a Jiffy Seed starting tray. I also used a heat mat to keep them nice and happy. They all sprouted within two weeks and I kept them under artificial light 24/7. After a week under the led grow light I transplanted them into 16oz Dixie cups filled with Fox Farms, Calcium (from eggshells), and magnesium (from espom salts).

Now I put them near a window during the daylight hours and put them under the LEDs all night. This will hopefully accelerate their growth.    

If you guys have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to post.

Here are the little babies :D

tGS9YQC.jpg

kke4BEn.jpg

8Tuv2pL.jpg

AGRFjKV.jpg

Wp1sO8b.jpg

vTQK0p7.jpg

X8ucn4c.jpg

7ib0wrK.jpg
 This one suffered some damage during transplanting and I didn't think she would make it but kept it under the lights and it looks like she will pull through  :)

ta0d45A.jpg

So Purple  :surprised:

EV8ksgC.jpg

Sorry couldn't post all my pictures but here's my album if you are interested. http://imgur.com/a/FKFl8

Okay its been a week now and here is an update for the plants. I water them whenever they get really thirsty and start drooping a little bit. 

They have been getting most of their light from the south facing window on a window seal.

The Ají Pineapple is the tallest in the bunch now and the Pink tiger is second tallest. 

I am still happy with the Brown Moruga because it seems like it is going to stay at 1" tall at the fork. 

Here are the pics. Grouped 3 in each photo to cut down on uploads. 

WuqIW4o.jpg

Pink Tiger and Pimienta De Neyde 
lyF1Kdh.jpg

Ají Pineapple, MOA Scotch Bonnet, Brown Moruga
cs7dOcM.jpg

White Bhut Jolokia, Chocolate Bhut Jolokia, Giant White Habañero
EOsB4Zv.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Red (just finished drinking water), Carolina Reaper (drinking some water), Red Savina
RxgY6Qs.jpg

Naga Morich, Brain Strain (Red), Brain Strain (Red)

I like the looks of the aji pineapple and pink tiger, those are new to me this year and I cant wait to try them. The pimentia de neyde looks great too.

Penny said:
I like the looks of the aji pineapple and pink tiger, those are new to me this year and I cant wait to try them. The pimentia de neyde looks great too.
I like the look of the Pink Tiger and Pimienta De Neyde plants as well. Because the color of them is so different and they look so cool. I hope they don't burn up in this Vegas Heat. lol 

Back