• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering my 3 overwintering plants

these were all chopped back in October, (2 7pot and a devils tongue in the middle)

DSCN1444.jpg

you can see how far i chop back (this is a devils tongue going into it's 3rd year)

DSCN1446.jpg

and a 7 pot going into it's 2nd year

DSCN1448.jpg

they are on the kitchen windowsill (south ish facing) and only today i noticed an open flower on one of the 7 pot, (i got sick of knocking of the buds from them so now i'm letting them do what they wanna do!!)

wow, sweet dave. when you chop em, do you cap the chopped parts with wax or something? i've been thinking about this and just wondered what the basic rules of thumb were to overwinterizationisming.

ashrikala said:
wow, sweet dave. when you chop em, do you cap the chopped parts with wax or something? i've been thinking about this and just wondered what the basic rules of thumb were to overwinterizationisming.

Nope i just chop the main stem at about 3 inches and trim the roots as need be, repot in fresh compost and bring indoors

They do look sweet considering the amount of light that they would be receiving, do you feed them anything or just water?

just a bit of water when they dry out at the mo Nova, will start feeding soon as the nutes in the dirt will be pretty much used up, i've got 2 open flower on one of the 7pots now as well

Back