• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My 4 year old Jalabanero plant

well some harvesting will happen tomorrow.

I know I promised whole peppers to some of you, but due to extremely low sales at my business this month (down 50% in profits) I can only afford to send seeds and some dehydrated powder.

More pics tomorrow (Silver I'll have diamiter measurements for you too)

4 years old? that's pretty awesome. are you going to start new ones for next year just keep the current one going (or both)?

The taste of a Jalapeno combined with a citrus and heat boost from the Habanero. Sounds like a perfect cross to me.

Ballzworth said:
4 years old? that's pretty awesome. are you going to start new ones for next year just keep the current one going (or both)?

The taste of a Jalapeno combined with a citrus and heat boost from the Habanero. Sounds like a perfect cross to me.

Definitely going to keep it alive for next year!

due to a power outage I could post this last night.

The first Jalabanero harvest
DSCN1650.jpg

As stated in my previous post I regretfully can not afford to send out full peppers to those that requested them, I can and still will send out Jalabanero powder and seeds. But due to extremely low sales at my business (down 50%) I just simply can not afford the packaging and postage. Maybe next month if sales pick up, or if postage and packaging is paid for.

The powder and seeds should go out in the morning.

-WoH

Nice looking tree! Can you buy the seeds online commercially? It would be nice to try and grow one next year. Also do you ever pick any of the fruit green like a regular jalapeno plant?

Josh said:
I am not positive but I think it might be his own cross. Hopefully he can give you a definite answer soon.

Yuppers you are correct.

and here is a sliced open picture by request

DSCN1652.jpg

Oh and video of me going crazy after eating this will not be posted....

Thanks, that looks absolutely delicious.

I'd really like to grow that one next season. Has anyone grown it out from seed yet and it grew true?

cmpman1974 said:
:) Cuttings would work I bet. :)

I am going to try again soon.

Also while getting something out of my glovebox in my car I found some old 23c postage stamps. So I have some surprise postage to send full pods as promissed.

I had one plant grow close to true to the parent plant. Stoopid unorganized me didn't label what ones they were.

2 New pics

from overhead
DSCN1656.jpg

an angle similar to the other pics in this post.
DSCN1657.jpg

peppers and seeds will be sent in the morning, thank the stamps I found (they were from 2003) sitting in my glove box in the car....

Christ wearing crocs that is a dense plant! You probably have another hundred pods hiding off in the middle :shocked:

OK my neighbor laughed while I was picking these and then asked how many there were since she thought I was counting as I picked them.... I didn't count as I picked but counted them before I sliced into them to dehydrate. I counted 185! I didn't think there were that many I picked!

jala001.jpg

Back