• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My backyard garden (in my mind!)

OK, so I believe in the idea of plan your work and work your plan. What I am planning is probably 175 degrees different from what I have done it the past, and for the first time, I'm not thinking just about next years harvest.

I'll try to paint a picture of my garden.

Back row:
Two Dwarf Apple Trees - My Greenhouse
A row of blackberries
Three rows of strawberries
Three rows of Sweet Potatoes
Two rows of White Potatoes
A row of broccoli
A row of peppers, tomatoes
A row of carrots

Each row is about 35-40 feet long

Along the west side of the house, I will have two pear trees and a sweet cherry tree. In the front yard, one sweet and two North Star Cherry trees (all the fruit trees are dwarf varieties).

Plus, I will have 16,000+ sq. ft. to raise tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, lettuce, Chard, Beans, Peas, Onions and Squash, mostly to sell.

I wish it was the first of March instead of the first of January!

Mike

Cool, Mike! That's quite an undertaking.

Make sure you hit us with some pictures once you're underway.

I wish I had the time and resources (but mainly time) to be able to plant that much...

There is so much to do - I need to add a couple inches of very aged horse manure plus compost to the garden. Find the best sources for seeds and plants. Determine the most cost-efficient and effective media to grow seedlings in. Figure out a way to start and raise 4,000 seedlings and water them.

So much to do.

Mike

My goodness, that's a lot of growing space. I get overwhelmed with my 700 sq ft of growing space as it is. Not everything I harvest, prep, and cook gets started by me each year. There are many fruit trees and berry bushes in the yard that don't require much effort on my part except for the harvesting/prepping/cooking/canning.

I'm REALLY excited about my planned expansion of the Asian garden this year, though.

Back