• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My Bhut Jolikia. I think I'm gonna get flowers :) So happy

Hi guys, I picked up a seedling that was about 2" talll back in early Feb and its been growing well (knock on wood) and I think I see buds that might turn into flowers. Can someone verify if those are flower buds or if they will just turn into more leaves. I think they are flowers because they are turned down. I've got a pic of the buds in the bottom image.

mar13_1.jpg

mar13_2.jpg

mar13_3.jpg

Definitely buds. You should pinch 'em off. Let the plant use it's energy to grow larger first then let the buds grow.

Cool seeing buds isn't it?

those are buds alright, not more leaves.

I did what Patrick suggested recently to ensure more growth...you got plenty of time.

I actually spend almost an hour every other day just pinching buds!!!!

Yeah i don't want a plant wasting energy on putting on jujst a few small pods i will continue to feed nitrogen till the plant get as big as i want it to be. then let it explode with fruit just like patrick said.

Thanks everyone. Ok I went ahead and started pinching off (well I didnt actually pinch them, I used fine scissors) some that I could tell for sure were buds. I got half of them. I will wait a few days and see if the others I was not sure about will be leaves or buds. I'd like to see the plant about twice this size before it gives me fruit. If these buds would have turned to fruit, I'd have about 20 Bhuts, but maybe down the road I can have like 30-40. Well thats assuming all the flowers would have turned to fruit but thats probably very VERY unlikely :)

it's a good looking plant...and down the road, you can bet on more than 70-100 pods or more....IMO

If conditions are right, rarely are, then pinching buds is unnecessary. I had a few plants last year that were started late and I did not pinch and they actually became the biggest and best producers of the bunch.

Back