• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My Chocolate scorpids seem to be off. They just turned red

They were supposed to be chocolate scorpions, they seemed to be developing nicely, and they actually started turning brown in the beginning, but then they just started turning bright red.

Back to the drawing board. :)
Perhaps at least one of the plants will end up being brown. :)

I grew MORUGA SCORPION CHOCOLATE from CCN last season.> http://www.chileplants.com/search.aspx?SearchName=MORUGA+SCORPION+CHOCOLATE+PEPPER+PLANTS&ProductCode=CHIMSC&SizeID=&SearchMode=simple&LengthID=&WidthID=&HeightID=&OrientationID=&FoliageID=&FleshID=&UseID=&Color=&Location=&Keyword=MORUGA%20SCORPION%20CHOCOLATE&HeatID=&TypeID=&DeterminancyID=&CategoryID=1&SeasonID=&NewProduct=&Letter=&SearchButton=Pressed&pagesize=20
IMG_0788_zpsh0ogjynt.jpg

MORUGA SCORPION CHOCOLATE

Man, I know the feeling. So far, I've had 2 browns turn red, 1 brown turn mustard, 1 yellow turn red, another brown that's either orange or red (most likely red), and 2 orange that I think are turning yellow. I'm not a huge fan of red pods...they're ok. But now I have more than I planned on. Lol

-Adam

Wanted to make sauce from 3 colored chillies this year, one would be brown.  :onfire:

PS: funny thing is, the pods were turning brown on the pods that were damaged by slugs. Normal pods are ripening to a bright red color. Did try one small piece and they seem to be super potent  :party:

I have a chocolate naga brain turn red. Big tree with huge red pods.

Last year i had a reaper that looked as if it was turning brown early on, but quickly turned red.

Back