My dinner tonight

The last couple weeks I had a craving for Cornish Game Hen, I hadn't had any in a long time

cornish_hen.jpg

They came out really f***ing good. I rubbed the inside with salt pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Put on some lemon juice, garlic, truffle oil, and a little butter then stuffed the squeezed slices of lemon inside and roasted them with some potatoes and oil cured olives. I can't believe how excellent they came out, the girl I had over was really impressed too. I'm quite pleased.

DDDDuuuuudddeeeeee wheeerrrree's ttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeeee peeeeepppppppeeerrrrssss?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They look yummy!

Do the lemon slices give the meat a lemony taste, or does it act as a tenderizer?

thehotpepper.com said:
DDDDuuuuudddeeeeee wheeerrrree's ttttttthhhhhhhhhhheeeeeee peeeeepppppppeeerrrrssss?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: checks THP's back :
: notices switch is on 45 RPM :
: flips switch back to 78 RPM :

There, that should fix it.

thehotpepper.com said:

I didn't want to mess with the flavor of the truffle oil, otherwise there would have been some.

Pam said:
They look yummy!

Do the lemon slices give the meat a lemony taste, or does it act as a tenderizer?

A little of both, its something I learned from my grandmother when she makes them. It really lets the flavor of the lemon permeate the meat.

Take some dried pods and stuff them in that truffle oil bottle for a month ;)

Back