• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

harvesting My fantastic season!

I've grown hot peppers in many past seasons but this year was a bit different. On the deck in 3 quart pots I had 2 7 Pot Cinder, 2 Trinidad Congo and 2 Brown Moruga. In the garden I had 2 Trinidad Congo, 2 Brown Moruga and 2 Fatalii that I started from seed in February 2020, grew in pots for the 2020 season and over wintered inside the house then in June I planted them into the garden.

The 7 Pot Cinder were a huge disappointment as I only picked 8 pods.

The Trinidad Congo yield was 45 from the 2 deck plants and 150 from the garden for a total of 195 pods.

The Brown Moruga yield was 21 from the deck plants and 86 from the garden for a total of 107 pods.

The Fatalii yield from 1/1/2021 to 4/13/21 was 36. Once in the garden the yield was 211 and probably 75% were from 1 plant which happened to be the smaller plant when planted out in June. The total for 2021 was 247 pods.

All told, I harvested 557 pods from all the plants, wildly surpassing what I had hoped for! I have 4 one gallon bags in the freezer.

...All told, I harvested 557 pods from all the plants, wildly surpassing what I had hoped for!

Hey, congrats on a great season! :cheers:

Keep that up and you'll need another freezer in no time. :P

I love that you counted!
I document everything, it's just my nature. I just gave the bottom line. Heck, I could tell you the day I started seeds, transplanted each time inside, then outside and how many pods were picked off each plant on the date it happened! The highest harvest came on the last day of the season due to frost/freeze that night, most pods were green.

I document everything, it's just my nature. I just gave the bottom line. Heck, I could tell you the day I started seeds, transplanted each time inside, then outside and how many pods were picked off each plant on the date it happened! The highest harvest came on the last day of the season due to frost/freeze that night, most pods were green.
A man after my own heart!

Back