• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

favorite My favorite hot sauce(right now)!

My favorite Hot sauce at the moment is Batch #218 Hot Sauce Louisiana Style. I love this stuff and put on just about everything. If fact most of the hot sauces these guys make are great.

SO what do you all think about these products!

Trashman

Like their products and love the flask approach to the bottles. Find most of the faces unappealing but I really like the design. Batch # 218 is allot like the sauces you find in the squeeze bottle on the table in K.C. style BBQ joints. My first taste was on pizza and it did not go well with a slice. My second taste was on an inexpensive piece of meat I broiled and it was perfect.

Last Night I finnaly cracked my Cry Baby from Three Hot Tamales. 2005 scovie award winner. It was, much to my own sauces dissapointment, fantastic. Those 3 ladies have done something special there.

I've just gotten into what Juan's Speccialty Foods has to offer. I purchased(two weeks ago) a bottle of Xtreme and found it really good. I'll be doing a write up of that one in a week or two.

The first hot sauce i ever tried was the "Pain is good" batch #37 Garlic hot sauce about 12 years ago. I was a newbie to the hot pepper thing back then. That stuff tore my a** all up.
Now i find it to be not so hot after all. Still like the taste alot, though.

My favorite right now and probrobly always will be is franks buffalo wing sauce.
But i really like all of franks sauces.
I know they're not hot at all, but i just love the flavor on anything.
My favorite for hot is my own orange hab sauce. It uses carrot for filler.
I'm waiting for approval from the finace committee(wife) to order a boat load of defcon. I only hear and read good things about it and a cousin of mine says it's the best he's ever had.

Pepper_Slayer said:
My favorite right now and probrobly always will be is franks buffalo wing sauce.
But i really like all of franks sauces.
I know they're not hot at all, but i just love the flavor on anything.
My favorite for hot is my own orange hab sauce. It uses carrot for filler.
I'm waiting for approval from the finace committee(wife) to order a boat load of defcon. I only hear and read good things about it and a cousin of mine says it's the best he's ever had.

Would it help if you told her, "The DEFCON Creator said it's OK to get as much as you want, as he only wants to see you happy"?

Pepper_Slayer said:
LOL, I'll give it a try.
Really though i'm placing an order middle of next week. Can't wait.
Another order from Ontario. I gotta become a distributor.

Pepper_Slayer, if you're ever near Lanark stop by for some chiles and wings and a cold budweiser. Gotta get you off the "frank's"

POTAWIE said:
Another order from Ontario. I gotta become a distributor.

Pepper_Slayer, if you're ever near Lanark stop by for some chiles and wings and a cold budweiser. Gotta get you off the "frank's"

"Frankly" speaking Potawie, you are correct.

my defcon have arrived today....dont know if i asked this or not creator....(the signature is already almost off) but i wasnt gonna collect it anyway...might use the bottle as a showpiece.....anyway i want to make some wings this weekend and the way my family is im probably gonna make half 3(mild for them) and half 2(i likes da heat) the hot sauces i usualy use i add butter to the hot sauce do you suggest just straight sauce??

Yup, it's a complete wing sauce in a medicine bottle. I would suggest slightly heating it (DON'T BOIL IT!), taking the wings right out of the fryer or BBQ or oven (however you are going to prepare them), put them, still hot, right into the sauce, and just coat them (they don't have to be swimming), take 'em out, and FEAST!

im guessing the number 2 is the same color as 3..the color on 3 is fenominal if it taste as good as it looks im gonna be impressed.

couldnt wait i opened and got a spoonful of number 3 and i like the flavor...i think like defcon said i will heat it up a tad before i smother them on the wings this weekend.

imaguitargod said:
I've just gotten into what Juan's Speccialty Foods has to offer. I purchased(two weeks ago) a bottle of Xtreme and found it really good. I'll be doing a write up of that one in a week or two.

================================
Their "100% Pain is awesome!!!! I've used batch 218, as well as some of their other pain is good line as marinades. They are tasty.

If you havent' tried 100% Pain, though, you'll like it. It has heat.

Just got my Defcon trio and I gotta say just from tasting them that I should have bought the mega size bottles. I love the delayed heat affect I got on the #1 and unique flavour. Wings this weekend.

Thumbs up Creator

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:+ Wings were awesome. I plan to buy a couple mega-sized #2 as this is the favorite right now at the Potawie household. Waiting now for the Habby Horse to be available,it sounds very interesting.

Glad you liked it. We always like hearing stuff like that. The Habby Horse will be available in a few weeks. We are currently working with the food scientists to recreate my 'creation'.

Back