• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first attempt

wow this site is good for advice!!!
The PC fan should be fine, just look to see if you can see the leaves moving from the air or see if you can feel it around then.
I use a larger size PC fan and have it set to come on for 20 minutes and off for 20 minutes all day.
Information about fans in grow cupboards on the internet will talk about using them for air circulation but also for keeping the heat down because of hot lights.
If you have a thermometrer and the temp is stable then a small fan is fine for moving the air around and circulation. You want to get fresh air in too, and not just keep the door closed all the time and move the same old stale air around.

Ok, ok, a little preview... :)

Here's the fallen soldier, recovering nicely:

16295385.jpg

65431301.jpg

In addition to overwatering it, I seem to have planted it a bit deeper than it was before, because it used to look taller...and leafier! :eek:

I still have to figure out how to use this camera properly...

wow this site is good for advice!!!
The PC fan should be fine, just look to see if you can see the leaves moving from the air or see if you can feel it around then.
I use a larger size PC fan and have it set to come on for 20 minutes and off for 20 minutes all day.
Information about fans in grow cupboards on the internet will talk about using them for air circulation but also for keeping the heat down because of hot lights.
If you have a thermometrer and the temp is stable then a small fan is fine for moving the air around and circulation. You want to get fresh air in too, and not just keep the door closed all the time and move the same old stale air around.

Thanks... Yeah, this site is AWSOME!!! :dance:

I'm thinking about abandoning this whole closet concept. I need a growbox I can put some well placed holes in, haha... Maybe I'll just build one, or maybe I'll fail at it miserably! Should be fun either way! :woohoo:

I wonder if anyone's ever made a growbox out of a PC case... :think: :rofl:

Post #666....mwuahahahahaha!! :evil:

What I did was I went to a local home improvement warehouse and got an old kitchen cabinet that was on clearance. (One of the bigger ones that sits on the floor and not hung up on the wall.) It has 3 holes for actual drawers, and 2 big doors. I took out the drawers and put a fan right up to one of the holes. Works like a charm, and I only paid $10!

Post #666....mwuahahahahaha!! :evil:

What I did was I went to a local home improvement warehouse and got an old kitchen cabinet that was on clearance. (One of the bigger ones that sits on the floor and not hung up on the wall.) It has 3 holes for actual drawers, and 2 big doors. I took out the drawers and put a fan right up to one of the holes. Works like a charm, and I only paid $10!
:hell: :hell:

That's a good idea, although I was thinking of going high-tech with some plexi or something like that. :eek:

My other idea was just to make a metal cage and drape it with something reflective/fire ra-tardant... :cool:

I would have gone with the PC case idea, but someone's already done it, so I guess it wasn't a very original idea:

ComputerGrowBox.JPG

Bastards! :tear:

Do you guys use any tricks to enhance the water you're using on your plants? I have no idea if this is even a valid concept but today, while I was mixing pancake batter, I started thinking about ways to dilute more air into the water I'm using to water my chilies.

Do any of you do something like that? Does that even make sense?

Back