• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first Butch T's

Well I finally got my Butch T's plants to produce after all the problems I have had with them over the last 8 months. Plants are loaded with peppers now. I am, overall, very impressed with the pod shapes. Seeds came straight from THSC.

IMG_20120513_175426 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

The inside was absolutely filled with oil. Few things in this world scare me, camel spiders, ladders and now Butch T's. I tried a small piece, less than a 1/4 and for the first time ever I actually had to take a knee for a few minutes. The heat kicked me straight in the nuts right away. I definitely did not enjoy the flavor, very bitter. The heat lasted about 10 minutes and then went away almost completely very quickly. It was really weird for the heat to have such a sharp drop off.

IMG_20120513_185840 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

NICE! Can't wait for my plants to start producing. I've heard the same thing about the nasty flavor of the Butch T's. I've had powder made with Butch T's and if blended with another pepper (Brainstrains in my case), they work very well. So make some sauce or powder with them and you'll be good to go.

After tasting this thing, I am really questioning why I have so many of these plants. Hopefully there is a market for them, I know I won't be eating them all.

After tasting this thing, I am really questioning why I have so many of these plants. Hopefully there is a market for them, I know I won't be eating them all.

You could make powders with them. This way a very small amount of ingredient could lasat a very very long time when it comes to cooking spicy foods.

More than likely there will be some powders but most of my business is fresh peppers. I know there is demand out there for them, I just hope the demand continues otherwise these plants are taking up some very valuable real estate on the farm. Boy, that would be a lot of powder if I go that route! We're gonna need a bigger dehydrator.

Back