seeds My first habanero seedling came up!!!

My seed germinated in a plastic bag & I transferred it to a pot of dirt and lightly covered it. Seemed the soil was drying out & I was concerned that the seedling would just shrivel up & expire. I decided to put saran wrap over it and put it under a common table lamp.
:woohoo:

Is there a way to directly link a Flickr photo the the board because other image hosting services do it. Am I missing something?

Dot Com's seedling...

5364000916_fb2dc23ba3_z.jpg

First, go to your main page and click on the photo you want to show.

flickrpost.jpg

Click "Share this" and select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" from the drop down menu.

flickrpost2.jpg

Select "BBCode" and copy the text in the "Copy and paste the code below:" field.

flickrpost3.jpg

Then paste that code here on THP.

5364000878_82bffcedba_z.jpg

Thanks Josh ;) My other image hoster was getting pretty full-up so I decided to look into Flickr since I'm already a member at Yahoo.

Congratulations on your new arrival!
I'm happy now because I only had 2 varieties growing (Thai hot pepper and one other variety I'm not so sure of). Now I have three varieties. I'm going to try the same method w/ a jalapeño seed that hasn't germinated. Hope it works because the habanero seed was at least germinated first. My jalapeño seed was in the same bag but had not broke through the seed casing yet but was moistened/softened-up. I'll know in a day or two.

I have like twelve little pots with the plant looking like yours, all seeds from Pepperlover and peppermania just germinated after 15 days, Got me by surprise, check them after 10 days and nothing, suddently after 16 days all seed had a huge root, now Im outnumbered with the pots, I ll make some newspaper pots for them, lol. Just amazing thank God!!!

I was wondering if I should remove the seedling from underneath the incandescent bulb now & put it in the sun instead?

you should put it in the same conditions as the others
you have very pretty thai types. just do about the same thing
as you did with those others!

thanks for posting pics
i love peppernography :dance:

you should put it in the same conditions as the others
you have very pretty thai types. just do about the same thing
as you did with those others!

thanks for posting pics
i love peppernography :dance:
Thanks. Looking frwd to watching it grow.

here's an upate, the first one has finally had a center shoot come up and the 3rd hab seed has sprouted so I have the one older one in its own pot and three younger ones in another:

I'm excited that they survived germination but dang are they growing slow compared to my kung pao. They seem more delicate/diminutive too.

yes dave,
you are really getting some great peppernography

for me

no, don't,

don't,

don't stop :eek:

it may be the lighting has kept the habs from "legging"?

where is the seeds from this time?(the habanero)

yes dave,
you are really getting some great peppernography

for me

no, don't,

don't,

don't stop :eek:

it may be the lighting has kept the habs from "legging"?

where is the seeds from this time?(the habanero)
The only place I can afford to get them at the moment, being a starving student, the local grocery.

As an aside, I'd like them to stay squat but w/ a lot of leaves :-)

Back