• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds My first habanero seedling came up!!!

Heres an update. Its been from 17 January to now. Don't seem to be growing that fast but they are habs as opposed to the kung pao's which seem to grow faster. These are how the Hab's look now:

5431503513_30898e2807.jpg

5432112502_aed946fd06.jpg

:dance:

Another update for those who're interested. I'm growing these from seeds of an orange colored pod I got at the grocery store. The pod was @ 1 cm long and oblong in shape. It's an habanero:

5509347453_fbf90c59e9.jpg

It's all good at your place then. Mine are a month old Saturday and they are the size of your pics from the 22nd. Been under lights 20-4 and at 80-85F the whole time. Starting my annuums on Saturday. Glad I waited based on yours!

It's all good at your place then. Mine are a month old Saturday and they are the size of your pics from the 22nd. Been under lights 20-4 and at 80-85F the whole time. Starting my annuums on Saturday. Glad I waited based on yours!
Texas? You got some good chili pepper growing weather coming up. There are a few others from Texas who post here too.

Heres an update. Its been from 17 January to now. Don't seem to be growing that fast but they are habs as opposed to the kung pao's which seem to grow faster. These are how the Hab's look now:

5431503513_30898e2807.jpg

:dance:

Here's what they look like now. Pod's are coming out:

5564342659_fc10784c62.jpg

First, go to your main page and click on the photo you want to show.

flickrpost.jpg

Click "Share this" and select "Grab the HTML/BBCode" from the drop down menu.

flickrpost2.jpg

Select "BBCode" and copy the text in the "Copy and paste the code below:" field.

flickrpost3.jpg

Then paste that code here on THP.

5364000878_82bffcedba_z.jpg

is that seran wrap ? & is it really good for germanation ?

It works for me by trapping the moisture inside. I use incandescent (heat) to germinate & flourescent Daylight to grow until they are big enough for just sun. to grow.

ohh. haha dangg. thats cool. ima try it. you think it'd work with just normal sunlight from a windowsill ?

ohh. haha dangg. thats cool. ima try it. you think it'd work with just normal sunlight from a windowsill ?
As long as its consistent. When i leave the house in the a.m. i put them on the windowsill. When its cloudy I put them near the bulb. No light is necessary to germinate, only heat. Someone here places their seeds in a ziploc w/ a damp paper towel and places it on top of a DVD player. It has to be @ 83 degrees for most seeds to germinate. I use the bulb because I don't have a DVD player to place them on top of.

Back