• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

My first 'Mater harvest...ever!

After much help from Sorrelina and a few other folk both here and at Tomatoville.com, this is what I, as a total novice, was able to produce in my first year. (Despite a very late start)

p3170064a.jpg

Going clockwise from the Green Sausages up front, I have Stupice which was really reliable, Pink Ponderosa which is a far nicer pink than my photography reveals, an orange variety which you are welcome to Id, as I cannot, (but they taste fabulous) EDIT: They are confirmed as Roughwood Golden Plum, see below. We continue with Rutger's, a lovely meaty variety for me, Myowna Orange (MY FAVE!) from Sorrelina (Thanks again, Julianna!), J.D.'s Special C-Tex, also wonderful, Variegated, much like Stupice and an oblong red variety, which, like the orange of the same shape, I cannot identify. In the centre, next to the Green Sausage, I have Golden Glow.

Really glad I tried this gardening malarky this year - and next year I'll be far more adventurous...!

Hey that's fantastic, huntsman, good for you! If you got the question mark ones from me, the orange one could be Roughwood Golden Plum and the blocky oblong red (if it has stripes) could be Plum Tigris. If you have a copy of your grow list, I might be able to help you out with those. Save seeds from Variegated and you could jump into cross-pollinating and creating your own new varieties!

So proud of you..sniff..our boy's all grown up.

Lolololololol!

Darn, you really are good fun, Sorellina!

Yep, I have looked those up, and It's definitely RGPlum, thank you, but no stripes on the red fella...:-(

Thanks for the kind words, you two!

Back