• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My first picking... besides sampling!

It's a slow grow for me this year. I've got pods loaded on every plant, but not turning yet! I figured if I plucked these, maybe the others will follow!
cid_516.jpg

POTAWIE said:
What are you planning to do with the Peter peppers and chinese multi colors? Have you tried them yet?

The peter peppers are just a novelty. They actually taste like poo!:lol:
The chinese multi- color does make for a pretty good smoked powder, I mix them with red jalapeno and it kicks the heat up!

I am glad someone else shares my sentiment about the taste of the PPs...

Totally agree, but I never liked the flavor of the 5 colors either although they can be used for adding heat. Some have said that the similar looking Bolivian rainbow has a better taste, but there seems to be a few different varieties being traded.

POTAWIE said:
Totally agree, but I never liked the flavor of the 5 colors either although they can be used for adding heat. Some have said that the similar looking Bolivian rainbow has a better taste, but there seems to be a few different varieties being traded.

This is really a grow season for me to determine what kinds I want to continue to grow. 5 color should make a cool bonchi, but I won't grow them again. For my weather in Minnesota, I'm thinkin the Pubes will do well! Jalapenos and habs, I will grow forever and I'm also looking into many others!

Back